Yuk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
Decided to cycle to work all this week regardless of the weather. Since the commute to work is effectively 4 miles downhill and I've had to give up my locker, I've taken to wearing lightweight trousers and a cycling top to work and leave a normal jumper and shoes in my desk draw. I stuff my lunch and some deoderant, wipes, perfume etc for a quick freshening up at work in a lumber bag and off I go. Anyways today I didn't realise it was raining quite so heavily and didn't bother putting my overshoes on.

Get to work and I have extremely soggy feet and the rain has permeated my waterproof trousers through the crotch area.

So I'm sitting here with a rather questionable wet patch and no socks.

I've stuffed my shoes with paper towels, wrung out my socks and they are hanging up to dry. Thankfully since my trousers are lightweight they are drying well. Not so sure about the socks though, I'm not hopeful they will be dry before home time! I have an LCD monitor so no drying my socks that way, and we have no radiators either :wacko:.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Oh deary deary...

Try draping your socks over the vents on your PC base unit.

But don't tell IT support I suggested this if sparks come out of it and your screen goes blank...

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Why have you had to give up your locker? Surely you have a need for it as someone trying to help the environment by cycling. This smacks of constructive dismissal - sue the b*stards!!!! :wacko:;)

dondare

Über Member
Plax said:
Decided to cycle to work all this week regardless of the weather. Since the commute to work is effectively 4 miles downhill and I've had to give up my locker, I've taken to wearing lightweight trousers and a cycling top to work and leave a normal jumper and shoes in my desk draw. I stuff my lunch and some deoderant, wipes, perfume etc for a quick freshening up at work in a lumber bag and off I go. Anyways today I didn't realise it was raining quite so heavily and didn't bother putting my overshoes on.

Get to work and I have extremely soggy feet and the rain has permeated my waterproof trousers through the crotch area.

So I'm sitting here with a rather questionable wet patch and no socks.

I've stuffed my shoes with paper towels, wrung out my socks and they are hanging up to dry. Thankfully since my trousers are lightweight they are drying well. Not so sure about the socks though, I'm not hopeful they will be dry before home time! I have an LCD monitor so no drying my socks that way, and we have no radiators either :wacko:.

Ha! That's progress for you.

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Why have you had to give up your locker? Surely you have a need for it as someone trying to help the environment by cycling. This smacks of constructive dismissal - sue the b*stards!!!! ;);)

The company I work for has expanded the number of people employed in the laboratories. So being a mere humble office worker I had to give my locker up to a newbie lab worker. Fair enough I suppose, but it is jolly well inconvienient!

ChrisKH

Guru
Start walking about in your underwear and say you have nowhere to keep spare clothes when your others get wet. They'll soon give you a locker. ;)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Plax said:
The company I work for has expanded the number of people employed in the laboratories. So being a mere humble office worker I had to give my locker up to a newbie lab worker. Fair enough I suppose, but it is jolly well inconvienient!
I don't see why it's fair enough. Why does a Lab Worker need a locker any more than you? Serious question. ;)

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Sh4rkyBloke said:
I don't see why it's fair enough. Why does a Lab Worker need a locker any more than you? Serious question. :wacko:

We have desks with lockable draws. Lab workers don't have a desk, or have shared desks and therefore have no where to put their valuables. So from that point of view, they really need a locker more than an office worker, although as a cycling office worker I think they should give me special dispensation to have a locker! At the moment though they are running out of space for lockers. I'm sure if I'm persistant enought they'll eventually relent.......

FlyingFox - Yes, I'll add socks to the list of things in my draw!

Maxcherry - do you mean beagels as in the dog? We aren't that kind of lab so don't have any beagels for stuffing in socks.

ChrisKH - Don't be naughty.

PS my socks are dry. They were still damp so being as I am in the office I thought I'd speed the process up by wearing them and having my body heat dry them. Unpleasant for the first couple of minutes, but now they are nice and dry.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
ChrisKH said:
Start walking about in your underwear and say you have nowhere to keep spare clothes when your others get wet. They'll soon give you a locker. :wacko:

Having met the lovely Plax, if she does that she'll never, ever get a locker!:smile:
*ducks*

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Ermm...my post above was intended to be slightly facetious, tongue-in-cheek but veering towards a compliment.
Apologies if it didn't come across that way.

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
TheDoctor said:
Ermm...my post above was intended to be slightly facetious, tongue-in-cheek but veering towards a compliment.
Apologies if it didn't come across that way.

No need to apologise, I knew how you intended it but I thought :biggrin: or :smile: would just encourage you more :biggrin:.

Top Bottom