YYYYYYYeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssss !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Dave5N said:
Enough of your lower-league nonsense. How did Portsmouth do today? I was disappointed there were no MOTD highlights.

They were lucky our best pen taker is now at the clampitts. And calamity had a good match, MOM from what I heard. I met him in a shoe shop in the midlands somewhere. He is a very big lad!

But no, probably not much in the way of highlights though.

Dave5N

Über Member
He ain't a calamity man now. Good safe pair of hands.

ANyway, how did he and the Pompey boys do?

mondobongo

Über Member
Always was a good pair of hands we just stuck a load of muppets in front of him and wrecked the guys confidence.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i want to know why my daughter's under 10s game at northwich went ahead, despite the "proper" game at northwich victoria being postponed?

would have saved macc town ladies a 7-1 drubbing owing to half term robbing them of keeper, top striker and enough players to field a full team. and the ref didn't turn up so the managers had to share ref duties. their manager then failed to give the clearest penalty i've ever seen after 1 minute. bastard :biggrin:

Chris James

Über Member
mondobongo said:
Talking about that fourth place for the Champions League you do know that if a Team wins the Champions League and has not qualified for the Champions League then they take the 4th place and the Team that finished 4th goes into the Uefa Cup. That would indeed be ironic for Everton its a funny old game.

Yes, that would be par for the course for Everton. We finished 6th in the league in 1996 - the one time that 6th didn't qualify for Europe (due to Sheff Wed fielding an understrength team in the Inter-Toto!). We were also obviously banned due to Heysel and so were unable to enter the European Cup both times we won the league.

Anyway, I am not worrying about this too much as I don't think Liverpool have a cat in hell's chance of winning the Champions League. They don't look like they can buy a win at the moment. I am more worried about Man City and Villa chasing us down with Pienaar and Artea out.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Before the last round was drawn, I said to Mrs Hippo that I hoped Arsenal get to play Chelsea and as we know we got Arsenal. It is now 7:20 pm here in Bangkok (12:20 your time) and I think the draw is about 1:30 your time. I will now try a bit of reverse psychology - I hope United play Chelsea in the next round!

jashburnham

Heh heh heh, another easy draw for the Blues! I laughed so hard at Liverpool getting knocked out though! Well done the Tykes, they won't find the mighty Chels as easy to deal with as those soppy scousers though.

mondobongo

Über Member
Would that be the same soppy scousers who drew at the mighty bridge a week or so ago and were according to most reports unlucky not to win or the same soppy scousers who had the result stolen from them at Anfield when Chelsea were given such a bad penalty decision to snatch a draw that the ref later called Benitez to apologise for his mistake.

You should beat them on paper but those little tykes will be up for it and fancy your boys you could be another head for their gates. :-}

groucho

I suppose Pompey had to play Man U after there were no more teams with 'P' left for them to be drawn against (Ipswich, Plymouth and Preston for you doubters). Cardiff away would have been interesting, though.
6.57 crew v Ninian Road crew !!!

Top Bottom