Zara Phillips = New Mum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

She has just given birth to a Girl...7lbs, 12oz in Gloucester Royal Hospital.

Good to see they trust the local hospitals enough to let her have it here :biggrin:

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

If the standards of care were lower in Veterinary work, I'd be a bit worried Smeggers

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
he looks one way, his nose looks the other. although I doubt a broken nose can be passed on through genes.
r-TINDALL-large570.jpg

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

I mentioned it to my colleague who immediately went off on one about how much tax payers money they get each year, and how better off the country would be if it was given to the benefit claimants (etc)

I thought it was a bit uncharitable given all the other Royal Babies are born in very expensive private hospitals, and she actually was working full time...before she got hitched.

ASC1951

Guru
I don't have any problem with the lass. She does a lot of charity stuff and public engagements and you don't become World Champion at any sport without a lot of talent and even more hard work. Sooner her than some Z-lister who makes a living getting her tits out for Hello! Magazine.

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

I've met her a few years ago in Hartpury College when she was taking part in a 3 day event there (I was working on my distributors trade stand). She didn't do very well on that occasion, but I'd not call her ugly...Not drop dead gorgeous, but certainly not ugly.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I mentioned it to my colleague who immediately went off on one about how much tax payers money they get each year, and how better off the country would be if it was given to the benefit claimants (etc)

I thought it was a bit uncharitable given all the other Royal Babies are born in very expensive private hospitals, and she actually was working full time...before she got hitched.
If you can call what she does "real work"

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

Well she is a mum now so her role has changed, but she was working out of Cheltenham racecourse for a while around her training for the equestrian comps she took part in....she was world champion a few years ago. as already said, that must have taken a huge amount of work.

She missed the Jubillee celebrations the other year as she was in Eire doing a qualifier IIRC. That must have been tough from a family perspective irrespective of what anyone thinks of the royals..they are still people at the end of the day.

Bryony

Veteran
She works very hard competing horses internationally is far from glamorous.

Entry fees are expensive, prize winnings aren't that great and you sometimes have to rely on your sponsors when money gets short.

I used to groom for a 3 day event rider and there was a girl there who had groomed for Zara and she said she was lovely to work for, she was always up at the crack of dawn and wasn't afraid to muck in (or out :laugh:). And she said she never went running to mummy or grandma for money the money she got was solely from sponsorship, the owners of her horses, and things like that.

Any congrats Zara!!

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

2877228 said:
Come on Smeggers, put your photo next to it and we can all vote.

Can we have yours as well whilst about it ? (you are allowed to use your 'best' side ;)

Gurning pics don't count in this 'beauty' comp :biggrin:

Top Bottom