Zaskar build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
That model XT rear mech has to be the best looking rear mech to be fitted to a mountain bike. There were a couple of Campagnolo off road groupsets but it if you combine visuals with the fact it works, the XT edges it.
I have one of those, unfortunately it is twisted scrap after a visit to the spokes of the rear wheel but I still can't bring myself to bin it as it is still a thing of beauty.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I have a plan hatching! How about a Zaskar trip to Llandegla to show some modern lightweights how proper bikes perform (other makes/models may apply)?

Calling @dan_bo @Kestevan @Hacienda71 and obviously @roadrash

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
image.jpeg

A bit more done this morning
image.jpeg image.jpeg

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I have a plan hatching! How about a Zaskar trip to Llandegla to show some modern lightweights how proper bikes perform (other makes/models may apply)?
Sounds like a good idea but I may have to wait until my back is a bit better then I can ride it like it should be rode .:okay:
Man up to match the bike :laugh:
Aye go on then
If we must.
Might try and get roundwithout breaking the bike this time.....
I'll be up for it. @potsy has an mtb now as well. ;) Reckon I could fit his bike on my car. :biggrin:
His bike may fit on the roof but he might not fit in the car, he doesn't ride much these days......
What's the timescales for the deggers trip. Could be up for it ! Are we doing old skool bikes only ?
It would be good if somebody brought a new bike so we could all pick on them. Actually, that could be @potsy :tongue:

Have consulted my packed diary and tight work schedule and the first opportunity we have (and I am including the lazy cat in the 'we') would be Saturday 15th October, so @roadrash @fossyant (:hyper:for your attendance) @dan_bo @Hacienda71 @Kestevan @potsy and any other old skool mtb'rs (old being the key word :whistle:), what do you say?

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
im afraid at the moment my rides are few and far between, and not too taxing, i would like nothing better than to be able to bomb about as the bike deserves , and to meet some forum members, it is really frustrating but at the moment im looking at posssible spinal surgery again , see here,

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/there-is-light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel.164232/page-8

i should find out on 19/9/2016 at my next appointment what ever they plan on next.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
im afraid at the moment my rides are few and far between, and not too taxing, i would like nothing better than to be able to bomb about as the bike deserves , and to meet some forum members, it is really frustrating but at the moment im looking at posssible spinal surgery again , see here,

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/there-is-light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel.164232/page-8

i should find out on 19/9/2016 at my next appointment what ever they plan on next.
That is a shame and hope you can get bike-fit enough to enjoy riding again soon. Maybe we should go anyway and you could meet us for coffee and cake either before or after the ride?

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Think the 15 Oct is a probably a step too far for me.
I've already committed to the Scarborough ride on the 24/9, Leeds Wild Boar MTB challenge on the 2/10 and the Seasons of Mist Audax on the 9/10.

I suspect If I were to ask Mrs Kes for a pass out 4 weekends on the bounce it would not go down well.
On the other hand, if we were to do it later in the year we'd have more chance of the traditional freezing rain and howling winds...... :smile:

Top Bottom