Zen, Beer,Techy Know-how and value for money...........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Widge

Baldy Go
It struck me today......(after one of my regular short-distance loops punctuated by a splendid rural pub)...HOW LUCKY i WAS to have a hobby that embraced all my favorite things in life!

I ride a (legendary) Triban 3-subtley modified and improved by my own fair hand (Ahem!) in gear lovingly purchased from the likes of Lidl (god-bless-em) and Tesco...........am well known and welcomed by every pub en-route (I am Lucky enough to live in the glorious South Hams of Devon complete with lung shattering hills!) and return home after every ride slightly sozzled but always elated.....and....(I like to kid myself?) a little more in touch with the real world and slightly fitter-or at least-better feeling!

Is this the joy of Cyclinge?

I certainly hope so.....'cause I ain't never going to to extend myself at the ripe old age of 59 to Strava, Club or racing.
My spiritual home is here in 'Beginners'...but despite my lack of fitness or ambition I have always just LOVED the thinginess of bike-riding.

I sit in my shed gazing lovingly at my bright red T3 (Will we ever see its like again?) and live for the next outing.

I suspect my consumption of BEER and CRISPS probably negates all that bronzed Adonis health-o aspect of it all though?

Anybody feel the same ?

I wish I'd discovered road-biking when I was 'in my prime'....
On the other hand..........

I'm not sure I was ever 'In My Prime!'

Gotta love cyclingee!

Best w

PS..I have had SOME beer...........................................................................................................

Last edited:

rugby bloke

Veteran
PS..I have had SOME beer...........................................................................................................
You don't say !!!

I agree with the sentiments though ... cycling should enrich and improve your life.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It struck me today......(after one of my regular short-distance loops punctuated by a splendid rural pub)...HOW LUCKY i WAS to have a hobby that embraced all my favorite things in life!

I ride a (legendary) Triban 3-subtley modified and improved by my own fair hand (Ahem!) in gear lovingly purchased from the likes of Lidl (god-bless-em) and Tesco...........am well known and welcomed by every pub en-route (I am Lucky enough to live in the glorious South Hams of Devon complete with lung shattering hills!) and return home after every ride slightly sozzled but always elated.....and....(I like to kid myself?) a little more in touch with the real world and slightly fitter-or at least-better feeling!

I certainly hope so.....'cause I ain't never going to to extend myself at the ripe old age of 59 to Strava, Club or racing.
My spiritual home is here in 'Begginers'...but despite my lack of fitness or ambition I have always just LOVED the thinginess of bike-riding.

I sit in my shed gazing lovingly at my bright red T3 (Will we ever see its like again?) and live for the next outing.

I suspect my consumption of BEER and CRISPS probably negates all that bronzed Adonis health-o aspect of it all though?

Anybody feel the same ?

Gotta love cyclingee!

Best w

:cheers:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member

My spiritual home is here in 'Begginers'...but despite my lack of fitness or ambition I have always just LOVED the thinginess of bike-riding.

Anybody feel the same ?

Gotta love cyclingee!

Best w

Pssssst...dont tell anyone but most the folk over on Strava are "beginner" riders too, who log rides just so that they can chat about it with their mates in the pub.

But its a secret, so mums the word.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I used to live down there; my parents still do. What pubs do you stop at? My old local, The Queen's Arms has now closed for good. I used to enjoy the hills in Dartmoor and in and out of Slapton.

leedsmick

Its not big or clever i know but i enjoy drinking beers most nights and eating junk to ever really get faster or lighter, not that is my goal. Cycle in the day. Relax at night. Perfect balance

ChrisEyles

Guru
Haha, yep - fettling, riding, post-ride eating, gazing at the clean and shiny bike - it's all good :smile: I've been getting slower and slower over the last eighteen months but enjoying my rides even more now I've often got a thermos and a pair of bins for en route birding... and restoring a few old bikes has been great fun when the weather hasn't been so good.

Love those old red Tribans btw, enjoy it :smile:

Top Bottom