Zero Tolerance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
The last few months I have found using UK roads to be pain, not just the state of the surface, but more the self absorbed idiots that use them.

Everyone seems to be in a rush, and be I'm using 2 wheels or 4 my tolerance for certain types of driver has dropped to zero..

As a cyclist I have posted on this, I have had an awful year in the saddle thanks to utter morons, and now I just react back, how I didn't end up in a fight the other week when someone shouted at me I don't know, but I don't care anymore, the next person who throws a can of drink at me is more then welcome to "discuss" their actions with me.

But this also extends to driving, people ignore stop signs, double white lines, and even give way to the right at round about, driving home people are even not dipping lights anymore.

I had parked cars on my side of the road last night with on coming traffic it was their right of way, the guy behind me is hooting his horn shouting etc, he then floors it goes past me into on coming traffic, they made him back up and he tried to back up in front of me, I moved forward and closed the gap, sorry pal get behind me, anyway when I moved off he floors it again, 4x4 SUV type Audi, I didn't let him past I have an old Fiesta at the end of it's life, lets see who's repair bill is bigger..

I had some idiots in a car shouting and tailgating while I was out cycling the other week, I gave them the finger and pulled over and they followed me, it turns out they were some of my younger brothers friends, they apologised once they realised who I was, but I said so you said sorry as you know my brother, think about your actions your driving around like an idiot in a 1 ton weapon, he said don't lecture me I'm not his father, so I retorted don't think as your my brothers friend I won't hand out an ass kicking, he pointed out there was 3 of them and I asked them do you think I care? I had the crazy look about me so they backed off, had a funny call from my brother later on, and I can look after myself fine if I need to.

It's at the point where I'm discussing with my employer if I can work from home, I don't need to work from the UK branch of my companies offices to support the USA manufacturing site, all I need is a internet connection and a phone, and they have other staff members like me that work from home exclusively.

I know I shouldn't react, but like I said I'm past caring..

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Strikes a recent chord with me having just had a slanging match with a lorry driver.

My offence - as outlined by him - was to drive my car at 20mph on Fulford Road in York.

I was looking for the turning to the Cycle Heaven bike shop.

Plenty on here will know Fulford Road, it's part residential, part shops, lots of turnings, junctions, bus stops, crossings, etc.

It's often not possible to go a lot faster than 20mph in the traffic, albeit the target, sorry limit, is 30mph.

I hurled as much abuse at the lorry driver as he hurled at me, so we could call that one a score draw.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Strikes a recent chord with me having just had a slanging match with a lorry driver.

My offence - as outlined by him - was to drive my car at 20mph on Fulford Road in York.

I was looking for the turning to the Cycle Heaven bike shop.

Plenty on here will know Fulford Road, it's part residential, part shops, lots of turnings, junctions, bus stops, crossings, etc.

It's often not possible to go a lot faster than 20mph in the traffic, albeit the target, sorry limit, is 30mph.

I hurled as much abuse at the lorry driver as he hurled at me, so we could call that one a score draw.

I'm surprised you managed to hit 20mph in York! haha I don't know the area well, but I have relatives there.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation

:laugh::laugh::laugh: it's not changed then.

The funny thing about fulford road is North Yorkshire Police are not an imaginative bunch. Sat outside HQ clocking motorists. And yet the road would grind to a halt, or alternatively at other times get people clocking past at 50, 60 or 70mph and moaning about getting tickets!

sheddy

Legendary Member

Levo-Lon

Guru
When you factor in this.
A lady friend of my wife failed her driving test last week.

Wait for it....for stopping at the end of a slip road..
Examiner's comment " you must not stop on a slip road"

Well if the traffic is full on the carriageway you have to, or maybe the rules have changed, ffs

Driving standards and idiots ,what chance have you even if you do act sensible.

The lady in question will be reporting this as will her instructor, he will join her for the re-test

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
When you factor in this.
A lady friend of my wife failed her driving test last week.

Wait for it....for stopping at the end of a slip road..
Examiner's comment " you must not stop on a slip road"

Well if the traffic is full on the carriageway you have to, or maybe the rules have changed, ffs

Driving standards and idiots ,what chance have you even if you do act sensible.

The lady in question will be reporting this as will her instructor, he will join her for the re-test

So if the carriageway is bumper to bumper gridlocked and I get to the end of the slip road I need to "plough" ahead? lol

It's this kind of idiocy that's making me despair..

Milkfloat

An Peanut
giphy.gif

Top Bottom