Zips on cycling tights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Phoebus

*Wags finger*
STAY!!! ZIP, STAY!!!

Big T

Guru
It's action of the expansion and contraction of your calf muscles. You'll find the same if you have zip up overshoes. A solution is to use a safety pin keep the zip in place.

OP
OP
L

littlered

Big T said:
It's action of the expansion and contraction of your calf muscles. You'll find the same if you have zip up overshoes. A solution is to use a safety pin keep the zip in place.
Ah good idea will give it a go, thanks.:biggrin:

Blonde

I thought you meant the zip at the front! I was going to say 'eat fewer pies...' My assos ones have a zip at the front which helps with getting in/out of them and I undo it to cool off if I get a bit hot. Never had any with zip legs come open but then they are often baggy around my ankles anyway. Evidently you're sprinters calves are far too muscular for puny climbers tights or something...

Mr Phoebus

Most decent zips (ones that are used at the ends of trousers/sleeves) have a tiny spike that locks the zipper down to prevent it riding up.
It seems the Altura ones don't have it? Gits!

OP
OP
L

littlered

Mr Phoebus said:
Most decent zips (ones that are used at the ends of trousers/sleeves) have a tiny spike that locks the zipper down to prevent it riding up.
It seems the Altura ones don't have it? Gits!

That was what I thought. And I have been pulling then right down my ankles so the zip pops open, but......if I have them at the ankle they dont pop open.

But they are comfey and warm well too warm for today:biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
Zips can be troublesome at times and that's why I bought tights with a band at the bottom that goes under the feet. I've found these to be good and even though they are inside the shoe it does not affect the overall comfort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom