zonda vs ultegras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colin jones

Hi
Thinking about upgrading my wheelset on my enigma etape which i currently have rs11s on from new and this would be my first upgrade and both those models have good deals on at the moment and that about my budget any preference on either? Would there be a noticeable difference on what i run now ?
Thanks for any advice cheers

bpsmith

Veteran
I have Zonda's and really like them from a ride point of view, as well as looks too. Ultegra's are also well thought of, but no experience of them personally.

Another Zonda fan here;pretty easy to service(as are the ultegras I would think),in fact I just gave the free hub a re-grease the other day.

Been looking at new wheels for the Helium but really for the money it would take a lot to beat the Zondas.

busdennis

Veteran
no idea about the zondas but I run the ultegra 6800 wheelset, good looking, fast rolling wheels, but a bugger to change a flat on the road (not much better in the garage with plenty of time). I wouldn't buy these again due to this reason

Citius

Neither wheelset is a significant improvement on the RS11, tbh. You'd be better off just changing the tyres, or shelling out a bit more for a worthwhile 'upgrade' wheelset .

winjim

Smash the cistern
You don't Shimano/Campag Groupsets and wheels. Just not done.
Mwahahaha... :evil:
20151016_174415.jpg

But anyway, about the wheels, what Citius said

Top Bottom