Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
Thanks @theboxers. I lasted 12 days on a plant based diet until Friday when the missus forgot and ordered me a takeaway lamb, chicken, king prawn Indian curry . I could have politely declined but it would have been very rude of me 😁

When on veggie diet I didn’t get the immediate uplifted and healthy feeling game changers tried to suggest one would get from switching. It did however introduce me to a big variety of meat free meals which I would happily eat again but just incorporate into a more varied and balanced diet. Whether my cycling suffered from such a short stint remains to be seen :rolleyes:

Yeah game changers was interesting but there was definitely cherry picking of evidence, I think one of the studies had 3 participants or something.
That said there is definitely sound environmental reasons to eat less meat and some of the healthcare benefits around cancer reduction are very well studied. I do...love the taste of meat tho!

Might try a vegetarian January as an experiment

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
My suggestion would be that it’s not last man across the line. Maybe 3rd out of 4 or similar? It just gives a little insurance against someone Abandoning because of a mechanical or cramp or whatever.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
My suggestion would be that it’s not last man across the line. Maybe 3rd out of 4 or similar? It just gives a little insurance against someone Abandoning because of a mechanical or cramp or whatever.
My only concern with that, is there is no team incentive to drag the slowest rider along. if, for e.g, I was in a team with Pete and Steen, they would be better off leaving me on the start line as I'd be zero help to them.

An alternative, and what Keith has set up in Bkool, is the team time is a sum of all the riders in that team. so each team is made up of (say) a fast rider, mid rider and slow rider. Might make the whole set up slightly easier too, as we could all start the ride at the same time so no issues with working out handicap starts.

Well so it turns out I can’t drink like I used to:wacko: Went out Friday and still felt like crap yesterday. So blew out stage4 of the league and had a poodle round with a pack ride tonight to try and sweat it out! Well done all. Here’s to whatever we try next :boxing:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I think if it's teams, then using standard bikes is better because then the stronger riders can help the weaker riders. Lack of drafting on TT bikes could be a factor.

For this reason, having even teams in size would probably make sense, with the 'finish' time being based on the last rider to cross the line (the stronger riders in a team, therefore, gain nothing by shooting off and leaving the weak riders behind.

Taking up Chris's idea, each team could have their own 'meet-up'. So, for e.g., Lee and Marino have a meetup at say 7 o'clock, set up by Lee and only inviting Marino. Chris, Michael and Andy have a meetup, set up by say Andy, who only invites Chris and Michael - their meetup is for 7:04. Next group have a meetup for 7:04:30 with Steen, Pete and me etc etc.

A few ideas there ... could work if we have enough riders commit to a day and we can get the teams sorted. I think so long as each team's start time is based on the slowest rider, then we could even have a stronger rider in that team as we only count the slowest time (e.g. I could ride with Lee and Marino at 7, and then the onus is on me to work with the other two to get us all around the course - I gain nothing by shooting off).

okay here’s an attempt to group into teams based on previous times. @Alongo suggest you would go in group 3 with Whorty, Steen, and Pete based on your November league showing and that brings that team up to 4 riders.
Invariably we won’t get everyone. I’d suggest we make it a Tuesday or Thursday as that is one of the regular days.
As there is a different numbers in each team, and to encourage teamwork, I’d suggest that each team can afford to lose one rider out of those starting - be that tactical, fitness, injury, mechanical, etc...so taking Marino and LeeJ as an example they would be best to work together as much as possible but if one was feeling stronger towards the finish then they could go alone to hold off the chase pack, and for a group starting with 4 riders then the 3rd over the line counts.

also if anyone else isn’t in the table but wants added then we can find a group based on similar ability. Doesn’t have to be too scientific as it’s all a bit of fun.

I can’t think of any other way to manage it so any suggestions fire away...

09D931FE-3A74-4AF4-BCC2-7835EF4117E4.jpeg

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I’ve created an online poll to try to coordinate this one off race...
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/MCBKWY9

you should get the question below...
Just tick which dates you can make it. We can go with the most favoured date.
I will close the poll at the weekend and that way we can plan either a normal race next week or go for the team handicap race if that suits the majority.
7DE01197-9471-40AD-A4F1-3386E164E8BA.jpeg

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Old age related repairs needed. The good news it is is an acute problem with a solution. Thanks for asking.

I hope you feel better soon amigo

bridgy

Legendary Member
Good work on the handicap race planning guys - and @IrishAl in particular :okay:

As you said, multiple meetups won't work as they can only be set up at 5 minute intervals so I think we'll all have to join the same meetup and wait at the start until our team's time to go. I think I'm right in saying if you hit "T" on the keyboard it will take you to the garage and you won't move so we could do this in order to be able to keep pedaling and stay warm while waiting to start?

peterob

Veteran
Just catching up on things after being away for a long weekend.....

It doesn't look like there have been any new stage attempts, so it's as it was. @IrishAl again shows he's the man for the GC with an impressive final stage victory giving him the overall win. But it's good to see the stage wins shared around a bit more in November, even highlighting my own comparative strengths and (more obviously) weaknesses :rolleyes:

Some good competition in all the cat leagues, with Del again topping the C's before he jumps up to the B's. :bravo:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Good work on the handicap race planning guys - and @IrishAl in particular :okay:

As you said, multiple meetups won't work as they can only be set up at 5 minute intervals so I think we'll all have to join the same meetup and wait at the start until our team's time to go. I think I'm right in saying if you hit "T" on the keyboard it will take you to the garage and you won't move so we could do this in order to be able to keep pedaling and stay warm while waiting to start?
That’s correct - keyboard shortcut is T but I think you might have to go into the pairing screen to stop your avatar taking a head start.

Key A to go to pairing mode.

Top Bottom