Zwift Equipment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodster0273

Hi,

I must of read a billion threads on Zwift and the equipment required and tbh it still confuses me!

I have a very basic magnetic Turbo Trainer with a resistance lead connected (for connecting to the bars) Am I correct that I could still use this alongside a speed/cadence sensor with Ant+? If so, how does the software decide the zPower rating (do I tell it that I have 1 of the brands that they suggest?) or is this a complete no go?

Really appreciate any help

Woody

Joffey

Big Dosser
You are right, that's all you need. No idea how it works out your power - you have to be a bit honest and have a bit of resistance on your trainer I think.

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
You have to be honest with yourself.. They have the numbers right somehow... I just did a FTP test on their Zpower and is very close to my best effort outdoors..

Just try to mimic the outdoors feeling.. Is for you and no one else at the end of the day.

g00se

Veteran
You officially need a turbo that they support - they should have a power curve for the particular resistance unit that will calculate the power for a specific resistance setting at a given wheel speed. See:

https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/articles/203152565-Which-trainers-does-Zwift-support-

Go to the 'zPower Compatible Trainer and ANT+ Speed Sensor' section and hopefully the trainer is either in the zpower list or the virtual power list.

Top Bottom