Zwift Maximum Bluetooth Connections?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bencran

Hi guys,

Apologies about the long post.

New to Zwift and everything seems to be 3 times the price it was a year or so ago. I don’t want to break the bank, especially since I’ll be out and about in spring, but do want to make the most out of the fun training sessions.

My current setup:
- Trek Emonda
- Kurt Kinetic Road Machine (old one, no smart integration)
- Bluetooth speed sensor
- Bluetooth Wahoo TICKR HR monitor
- TV

This is all linked via a HDMI adapter connected to my iPhone, which mirrors zwift onto my tv (as well as music etc.) I also use an old mobile phone to run the companion app, which is a bit crap if I’m honest. People have usually flown past me by the time their profile has loaded to give them a ‘ride on’... is there a quicker way?

Having said this, it all works pretty well and I only ever get the occasional choppy moment with sound. However, when I select the road machine zwift thinks it’s the newer one with the bluetooth connection. I disconnect what zwift believes is the cadence sensor, as even going hell for leather it seems to only show around 65rpm (can only assume it’s the speed sensor). I do keep the Road Machine trainer selected, as I believe the resistance unit to be similar/same, so power should be along the same lines.

Anyway, onto my actual question!

How many sensors can I connect to zwift via my iPhone? I’m tempted to purchase a dedicated cadence sensor, but unsure whether it’ll connect with the HR monitor and the speed sensor and whether it’s actually worth it?

Cheers for any help you can provide.

Last edited:

BurningLegs

Veteran
You will be able to pair a cadence, hrm, and speed semsor to iPhone no problem (there is a limitation of 2 sensors on apple tv but no such limit on iPhone).

Do you need it though? What are your goals and how will a cadence sensor help you achieve them?

OP
OP
bencran

bencran

You will be able to pair a cadence, hrm, and speed semsor to iPhone no problem (there is a limitation of 2 sensors on apple tv but no such limit on iPhone).

Do you need it though? What are your goals and how will a cadence sensor help you achieve them?
I enjoy the training sessions and notice that most of them indicate cadence and power. I’m pretty good at guessing, but it would be interesting. Wondered if it’s worth a punt for £15

Top Bottom