Zwift options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markstev27

Hi. I'm looking for price options for something like zwift to train at home. I've also looked at Peloton but as I'm new to this I'm after advice

What does everyone recommend for a good cost option?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Road Grand Tours

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I did use Zwift during lockdown, was a good training option but it needs regular use for it to be effective. I've also user Rouvy, RGT and Bkool. Bkool is possibly the worst in terms of user experience, Rouvy gives you many more route options. Currently I'm simply using my Wahoo Elemnt to ride my saved Strava routes, doesn't need a PC, only a wahoo smart trainer, HRM and Elemnt computer, no subscriptions needed, it's basic but feels a lot like the real thing and means carrying less stuff to the garage where my bike is.

CXRAndy

Guru
I use Zwift for racing, but currently are just riding endurance, too hot to race. Come September back to racing. Me and the Mrs have been going out in the early evening doing 20 miles or so around the lanes.

Big T

Guru
Zwift is £13.00 a month, which gives you access to virtual group rides, training plans, races and you can explore the virtual worlds in Zwift. You’ll need a smart turbo to get the best out of it. I have a Wahoo Kickr but something cheaper like the Snap or Jet Black Volt (which is on special offer at Planet X), would do just as well. I only use it during the winter (September to March) and you can pause your membership but still retain your ride history.

I got really into it during the winter, doing group rides 4-5 times a week. My wife also uses it but prefers to do the set training plans.

gzoom

Über Member
I've also looked at Peloton but as I'm new to this I'm after advice

We've been using Peloton in the household for 16 months now. Its very different from Zwift etc. Peloton is far more varied interms of overall exercise program than just the bike. Infact I've done more none bike stuff than anything else at present. Recently on our summer holiday in Europe a Yoga mat and body weights stuff kept me busy regardless of where we were!

Peloton is far more a virtual personal trainer than stationary bike setup.

52253638369_cb7c91d9dc_c_d.jpg

52224062459_fb80b761b3_c_d.jpg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I’ve been using this since Easter

https://athletica.ai/athletes/

You can do the sessions it comes up with indoors or out. Minimum is a heart rate monitor but both HR and power where possible. You set the maximum and minimum hours a week you’d like to do. It sorts the rest, you can move sessions around a week as suits. If you miss a workout or do more or less than planned it just adjust future sessions to compensate and ensure progressive overload and recovery. Put in your main events for the year and away you go.

It doesn‘t control your smart trainer. I create workouts to match what’s planned in TACX and use my Tacx trainer.

I like it.

Last edited:

SuttonRider

It all depends on what your looking for. I like Bkool, its much cheaper than Zwift and has rides on real roads. You can try it for a month free.

Top Bottom