zwift set up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daninplymouth

Hi, I’m just putting the plans together for my turbo trainer. If you use Apple TV is it just a case of using the app and pairing this to the tv?
My next question is more on the WiFi connection as it will be in my outside shed, I have power I can run there but it has concrete walls along with the house so the signal is a bit weak. I was planning on getting a wifi extender or I could just use one of the plugs that you connect to your router then plug one of these into my shed and then use a network cable to connect the apply tv. I’m sure this would work even though I will be running it on an extension lead into the shed from an outside socket.
Would the Kickr have to be connected to WiFi to or is it fine as long as it connects to just the Apple TV? If that needs a connection then I’m guessing I would have to get a WiFi booster

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Powerline the connection out, pair the trainer with the appletv

oosman

Regular
Hi, I’m just putting the plans together for my turbo trainer. If you use Apple TV is it just a case of using the app and pairing this to the tv?
My next question is more on the WiFi connection as it will be in my outside shed, I have power I can run there but it has concrete walls along with the house so the signal is a bit weak. I was planning on getting a wifi extender or I could just use one of the plugs that you connect to your router then plug one of these into my shed and then use a network cable to connect the apply tv. I’m sure this would work even though I will be running it on an extension lead into the shed from an outside socket.
Would the Kickr have to be connected to WiFi to or is it fine as long as it connects to just the Apple TV? If that needs a connection then I’m guessing I would have to get a WiFi booster
Yes

OP
OP
Daninplymouth

Daninplymouth

Just waiting on my trainer to arrive but have done a test run and I’m guessing the Apple TV has better WiFi as it picks up a signal in my shed whereas my phone won’t. If the connection does drop then I guess I can run a patch lead to the Apple TV and then that’ll just Bluetooth to the trainer correct? There is no need for my trainer to get a direct connection to the internet and using apple
Tv as the hub there would be no benefit of the Kickr direct connection

bridgy

Legendary Member
Just waiting on my trainer to arrive but have done a test run and I’m guessing the Apple TV has better WiFi as it picks up a signal in my shed whereas my phone won’t. If the connection does drop then I guess I can run a patch lead to the Apple TV and then that’ll just Bluetooth to the trainer correct? There is no need for my trainer to get a direct connection to the internet and using apple
Tv as the hub there would be no benefit of the Kickr direct connection View attachment 607084
Correct - your trainer only needs to connect to the Apple TV via bluetooth and doesn't need its own wifi/internet connection

Top Bottom