Zwift Training Plan Schedule

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan77

I’m on the 5th week of 6 for FTP builder. It’s gone well so far.

This week, however, it decided to enforce a 2 day rest period where I was unable to make any progress. I therefore started the week on Tuesday and got the first one done. Decided yesterday to slip a TdZ group ride in because that only runs until Friday. Schedule said I need to do the next training session by Thursday evening but I’ve just looked on the companion app and it’s giving me a 3hr countdown. I have no chance to do that with looking after the kids after work, etc. It’s usually 9pm before I can get on.

So, having never done a workout like this before, my question is…what effect does that have on my workout? Do I lose that session and just carry on? Does it make me do it later? Do I not get whatever points I would normally get for completing the program (if that’s a thing) because I missed one workout in week 5?

So frustrating because I got on my bike on Monday evening planning to get started after a rest day on Sunday and it wouldn’t let me. There doesn’t seem to be much flexibility at all.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
It's one session of many, on the grand scheme of things it's nothing to worry about. Hit the numbers in the last week, take a break and redo your ftp/ramp test on fresher legs.

OP
OP
Dan77

Dan77

It's one session of many, on the grand scheme of things it's nothing to worry about. Hit the numbers in the last week, take a break and redo your ftp/ramp test on fresher legs.

Yeah, I'm not worried about missing a session. I replaced it with an absolute max effort on TdZ so I'm getting the work done. Just wondered how it effects the plan. Does it just ignore that day and I carry on? Does it try to make up for it by adding another session in later? Do I get any XP for completing the program and if so, does missing a day stop me getting it?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
It'll blank that workout and move to the next one, You'll still get xp I think, not a lot overall and you'll still get xp for completing workouts.

Change the routes up a bit too and earn the badges as you go.

OP
OP
Dan77

Dan77

It'll blank that workout and move to the next one, You'll still get xp I think, not a lot overall and you'll still get xp for completing workouts.

Change the routes up a bit too and earn the badges as you go.

Yeah. I figured that after the first couple of weeks and think I've just about completed all the routes under 30km now.

It seems it hasn't blanked it out. It's given me another 24 hrs but now the following ride has slightly less time than that one. So hopefully it'll let me do the same again and do them all.

OP
OP
Dan77

Dan77

FFS. So it said I had more time and let me do the workout. Finished it and now it just says expired rather than completed.
I'd have done the next workout had I known as that one will now have expired by tomorrow.
Nevermind....as long as it lets me complete the program.

Top Bottom