zwift vs RGT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
as i am committed to virtual training for the foreseeable future until my shoulder is sorted what are the advantages and disadvantages of both please?

Brusgaard

Über Guru
as i am committed to virtual training for the foreseeable future until my shoulder is sorted what are the advantages and disadvantages of both please?
Zwift:
Huge number of people on Zwift at all times. Rides, races, (group) workouts available almost 24/7.
Only 3 worlds (and one of is them always Watopia) available for free ride at any given day.
Limited number of worlds/routes available in total - but enough for a couple of seasons.
Only 3D routes - however these are handcrafted by humans to mimic real world places (to some extent).
Rather expensive.
Works on most platforms

RGT:
Fewer people and few races/rides troughout the day and rarely with many attendees.
Few roads available, but you can upload your own (“Magic Roads”), if you are a subscriber.
Free if you join races created by others, otherwise only 1 or 2 available for non-subscribers for free ride.
Only 3D routes - Magic roads are computer generated meaning no ressemblance to real world besides gradients, turns etc. You could upload a GPX file from a ride downtown London, but the 3D would be in the country side.
Maybe better/more realistic simulation of riding in group.

mjd1988

Guru
I think you still get a free trial (a week?) With zwift, definitely worth trying. Massively more popular than competition. That said RGT is good and you can use a limited amount of it for free indefinitely.

CXRAndy

Guru
Steen covered it, Zwift hugely popular, if you want to race then its the place. The big events can have 25000 competitors. You can ride with others from all over the world, morning rides UK time, lots of Asia, Australia. Evenings UK, Europe and USA riders.

Training plans if you want structure. Solo if you just want to potter. Try out the trial.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Who says no cake stops if you ride on Zwift ... certainly doesn't stop me :laugh:
haha i meant cafe cost cake stops

Top Bottom