Zwift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
This looks really cool.

An Online Turbo Trainer sim...

http://www.zwift.com/

You'll need some hardware, a PC and a monthly subscription.

Or you could just get cold and wet like me.

ZwiftWorkout_thumb.jpg

Have signed up for the beta. Looks good.

Ian A

Über Member
The only thing that bugs me is that its Ant+ only. So I have to buy cadence/speed sensors that aren't compatible with my phone.
A lot of the new smartphone models coming through are Ant+. Might be a game changer if they can get the battery life sorted.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Also signed up and might just ask them for a job (nice telecommute ^_^). I managed to get a similar concept working in an (almost) web-based solution, but it was a distraction from the day-job and was never going to compete with some of the stuff coming out now, particularly for the graphics.

There are some tricky issues to overcome, not least of which is consistency for riders using estimated power curves. There are standard curves available, but the variations across individual turbos/tire pressures etc are quite big. I ended up introducing a handicapping system that looked at previous output to level up a race. I also added a drafting function with was a lot of fun and also helped weaker/over-calibrated riders.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Me waiting too. I think they're concentrating on controlled units like the kickr first. I registered with rollers and a power tap and then bought a kickr about a week later, which was probably a mistake.:sad:

Top Bottom