Zwift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I've been on the beta since Christmas and occasionally take a ride using my Kickr. Short answer is that it's got potential, but at the moment the experience is strangely limited and one-dimensional. I've been a long-time user of TrainerRoad which, while superficially a much more basic bit of kit than Zwift, I still seem to use more.

To their credit I think Zwift are heavily focused on reliability and stability rather than piling in features (Bkool I'm looking at you!)

Top of my wish list would be the ability to organise races rather than just appear on the circuit, training options (promised) and better analysis via the website.

I think DC Rainmaker's first look is worth a read.

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Cheers Bollo

I read the DC article on Thursday and havent had chance to try Zwift since install and initial 10 min test ride. Will give it another shot when I get a chance!

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Had another quick go yesterday its quite good fun but still a bit of a hassle to hook up the bike to the turbo and set it up in such a way as the laptop is accessible from it. Have downloaded the android app that runs alongside the laptop and rested it on my bars.

arno

Veteran
started to use it a bit, as I am not allowed outside by the doc. Like the fact you can compete with other humans. But for a structured effort, I stick to Trainerroad too.
Hope they introduce some real world circuits like some alpine climbs some day, but then they will have a dilemma when exporting to Strava: does a Zwift KOM mean anything againt a 'real' effort on tarmac?

Big A

Only tried it a few times but it definitely has potential. it needs more courses/ routes but i know they are working on it.

I suspect its biggest draw is that it brings the strava competitiveness to indoor training. I'd use it alongside things like Sufferfest during the winter to change things up and get things fresh.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I've used it once and liked it, although it would be nice if you could steer :-)

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Heads up to anyone interested, but Zwift is now open beta, so you don't need an invite to try it out. For the moment at least, it's still free to use.

MichaelO

Veteran
Having broken my arm a couple of weeks ago, it's turbo only for me now - thinking of giving Zwift a whirl. May take some of the boredom out of it - gutted to be off the roads just as summer arrives :sad:

Top Bottom