Zwift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Falsesummat

I've got the use of a Wattbike and want to use Zwift via a TV screen rather than a tablet. Does TV need to be Bluetooth? There's no facility to hardwire from the Wattbike.

straas

Matt
You need something that can run the application zwift.

Options to connect to a TV would be a computer or an apple TV box

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I also use a Wattbike, connect to Zwift using a laptop and then plug the laptop to a TV via HDMI. If you fire up the companion app then there won't be the need to reach the laptop for navigation so you can place it down anywhere.

If you don't have a 'spare' laptop - anything that can run Minecraft should run Zwift ;)

alex_cycles

Veteran
I use an android tablet and a (fairly old - original) chromecast to get Zwift onto a larger screen. Works well - as long as you have a decent wifi signal. I now have a wifi access point (using 300 MBaud powerline adaptors) in the garage because the screencasting didn't want to work with a weak signal.

Also heart monitor and smart turbo on Bluetooth so no piddling about with ANT+ dongles.

Last edited:

Hamzee

I've got the use of a Wattbike and want to use Zwift via a TV screen rather than a tablet. Does TV need to be Bluetooth? There's no facility to hardwire from the Wattbike.
Yes! You simply navigate to the Zwift app on the TV screen and go. The remote allows you to navigate, and it avoids the need to stream Zwift on a small screen or rely on Bluetooth to mirror and image on the screen

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
Yes! You simply navigate to the Zwift app on the TV screen and go. The remote allows you to navigate, and it avoids the need to stream Zwift on a small screen or rely on Bluetooth to mirror and image on the screen
That‘s fine until you want to utilise a ‘power-up’ … how do you physically press ‘the button’ on screen if it’s a normal tv screen … apologies if the question sounds stupid but I’ve invested time in setting up my phone to mirror for exactly this reason … if I could use the app direct on the tv but still use ‘power-ups’ etc … that would be much better for me :okay:

CXRAndy

Guru
That‘s fine until you want to utilise a ‘power-up’ … how do you physically press ‘the button’ on screen if it’s a normal tv screen … apologies if the question sounds stupid but I’ve invested time in setting up my phone to mirror for exactly this reason … if I could use the app direct on the tv but still use ‘power-ups’ etc … that would be much better for me :okay:
maybe a spare phone with the Zwift app running, then use power ups on that

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
maybe a spare phone with the Zwift app running, then use power ups on that
That’s what I’m doing Andy, I think ‘Hamzee’ was suggesting bypassing the phone and loading the app straight onto a smart tv which would work great until you want to use a power-up in a race … I can’t understand how that would be possible with the app running straight from tv :wacko:

Top Bottom