17th April 2015 Night Ride to Bognor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Did you go OK too?
He was with Big Michael and they ride like the wind, as any fule kno. I sometimes managed to keep up with them but it was hard work and at the first control we agreed it would be better for both of they went on. This meant they finished hours ahead of me but at the arrivée I was still alive.

jiberjaber

Veteran
Is there anyone planning to be in London early for a drink, before the ride. Please let me know.

I haven't fully planned my logistics yet but may need to be near Euston to make sure Lee W has some lights on his bike they are currently at my house being charge cycled. Where were you thinking of heading to?

Also, is there a rough route available yet... I like to worry myself over the route a week in advance! :smile: (Beacon caused me a few sleepless nights before the Brighton ride LOL)

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'll probably be riding somewhere after breakfast, unless sleepiness takes over. Possibly back to Horsham.

But if the weather's nice I have a plan to head towards Brighton, then (legs permitting) hang a left in Worthing and go over the Downs to Steyning and then get a train from Hassocks or Burgess Hill.

wanda2010

Guru
Sorry gang. I'm pulling out of this ride as I thought 5 consecutive weekends away from home was a bit much. I may see some of you on the Belgium and/or Manchester rides instead.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
That's a pity but understandable. Have heard from @mmmmartin how he did this weekend. Did you go OK too?

I enjoyed every minute of it - this was actually the best Audax I've done so far. The night out was so nice that I've changed my mind about the Bognor ride yet again. I've decided to sneak in. I will most probably skip breakfast and bail out close to Barnham, where I can jump on a relatively quick train back to London.

hatler

Guru
I enjoyed every minute of it - this was actually the best Audax I've done so far. The night out was so nice that I've changed my mind about the Bognor ride yet again. I've decided to sneak in. I will most probably skip breakfast and bail out close to Barnham, where I can jump on a relatively quick train back to London.
Huzzah !

robjh

Legendary Member
Anyone thinking of a SMRbtH at least back to somewhere like Croydon?

What time is a SMRbtH likely to set off? I like the idea but have got a train to catch from Liverpool Street at 2 o'clock, and I note too that the wind will be against us, so it could be pushing it.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Easiest place to turn off for Barham is the roundabout/junction south of Yapton (vacant pub etc) where we normally make a left. Take a right there and just keep straight on.

kimble

Veteran
I'm worried about fitness. I slogged round 130km of headwindy audax on Saturday and have been utterly exhausted since - not sure if I'm ill, or have done too much too soon or what. My attempt at riding yesterday failed to achieve FNRttC speeds. If there isn't a miraculous improvement by tomorrow, I won't be coming.

I'm worried about fitness. I slogged round 130km of headwindy audax on Saturday and have been utterly exhausted since - not sure if I'm ill, or have done too much too soon or what. My attempt at riding yesterday failed to achieve FNRttC speeds. If there isn't a miraculous improvement by tomorrow, I won't be coming.
Come anyway. I'll keep you company. Only fair given all the times you've hung around the back to keep me going.

frank9755

Cyclist
I fear I'll need to head back fairly sharp after breakfast as I will have to be reasonably awake at a dinner party on Saturday evening, so will need a little bit of sleep beforehand.
So, never having made it to Bognor before, what is the earliest train that one could realistically get back to London after breakfast (and the next one, if I was to miss that...)?

Top Bottom