1st crash. Advice please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
@glasgowcyclist, Your right, it wasn't you.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
You may be content to leave it in the hands of the CTC/solicitor, but there's nothing to stop you claiming directly from her insurance company.

The Motor Insurers' Database has a service designed for accident victims who wish to get the name of the other party's insurer in order to make a claim.

http://www.askmid.com/

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Glad to hear you're OK, even if the bike isn't.

Also good to see there's some nice people out there willing to help - the guy who stopped didn't need to chase her down so kudos to him.

CTC should be able to help. The police, particularly if there's witnesses and you've her reg/make/model, should be very interested in following up a hit-and-run.

Hope it all works out.

classic33

Leg End Member
From this "It definitely needs a new front wheel and lots of bits straightening up." it sounds a write off, It may not be. You may be required to take it to two seperate shops to get a quote for repair/replacement although in my case with the first shop declaring it a write-off this requirement was waived. In part due to the fact I'd no means of getting it to a second shop. MIB has this requirement, two quotes & as I found out most insurance companies.
Bike is easier fix or repair than you. They also don't feel sore or bruise very well. Have you had yourself checked over & were there any injuries sustained, however minor. You'll have a better idea tomorrow what parts hurt.
Taken two days after being hit. Leg was the first part to make contact with the front end & the last part to leave. Trapped between the front of the car & the bike frame.
Bruising.jpg Bruising 1.jpg

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Sorry to hear of your crash. What a nice person to chase after the skanky cow who hit you though. She is going to get a suprise when the Police knock on her door.
So pleased you are not too damaged and I hope that you get your bike sorted too.

classic33

Leg End Member
Has a post been removed from here?
Tried to reply, to a reply, but didn't have the permission to view the page??

OP
OP
redste

redste

From this "It definitely needs a new front wheel and lots of bits straightening up." it sounds a write off, It may not be. You may be required to take it to two seperate shops to get a quote for repair/replacement although in my case with the first shop declaring it a write-off this requirement was waived. In part due to the fact I'd no means of getting it to a second shop. MIB has this requirement, two quotes & as I found out most insurance companies.
Bike is easier fix or repair than you. They also don't feel sore or bruise very well. Have you had yourself checked over & were there any injuries sustained, however minor. You'll have a better idea tomorrow what parts hurt.
Taken two days after being hit. Leg was the first part to make contact with the front end & the last part to leave. Trapped between the front of the car & the bike frame.
View attachment 28096 View attachment 28097

I'm grazed and bruised down the left side of my body and quite sore already. Got photos of the injuries and of the bike.
I've not got a mark on my legs at all!

And it won't put me off cycling, I'll just have to use the clapped out hybrid till this gets sorted.
Thanks again for everyones help and advice.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm grazed and bruised down the left side of my body and quite sore already. Got photos of the injuries and of the bike.
I've not got a mark on my legs at all!

And it won't put me off cycling, I'll just have to use the clapped out hybrid till this gets sorted.
Thanks again for everyones help and advice.

Go to your GP to get checked over and have the injuries registered.

classic33

Leg End Member
I phoned the police straight away and I've got a reference number from them. I should hear from them tomorrow.
Think I'll go to the GP walk in centre tomorrow just to get my injuries logged.
Its not just a case of getting them logged, its as much about getting them assessed and making certain there's no damage done that you cannot see & that you'll not make any injury worse.

Its nice that I'm able to pass on what I did to others on here. Its just a shame that I'm having to do. Previous experience can count for so much only.

Top Bottom