50 years ago today. Can you remember it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Firestorm

Veteran
Can they not remember the finer details or can they not remember being there? Ok if they can't remember being there and actually think they weren't there then they have a problem, but if they can't remember much of the day isn't that normal for something that happened 50 years ago? These documentaries where they have former Kray type gangsters for example make me laugh. "Yeah i remember he said to me blah blah, then i went into the bar had a couple of pints then sorted him blah blah". How can anyone remember what they actually said or did all those years ago. They must have memories like Leslie Welch or be bullshitting.
Well George Cohen and Bobby Moore certainly can't remember any of it .....

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Because some people just can. I never ceases to amaze/scare me that people, even young people simply forget about what happened recently, even major things, never mind decades ago as if nothing really matters and you can just say or do things with no consequences like they are already senile.
Unfortunately, my memory is taking the fast lane to Nowhereville.

I have had people chat to me on forum rides and I not only failed to remember them, I often can't even remember the actual rides, despite being the person who organised them!

My past is disappearing, and I don't see a lot of hope for my future (what is left of it), so it is just a case of trying to enjoy each good day long enough to last until another one comes along to take its place ...

I remember that I was very excited about that World Cup at the time, but I can't remember the results of any equally as exciting bike races that I have watched recently apart from the Tour de France.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

I have had people chat to me on forum rides and I not only failed to remember them, I often can't even remember the actual rides, despite being the person who organised them!

My past is disappearing, and I don't see a lot of hope for my future (what is left of it), so it is just a case of trying to enjoy each good day long enough to last until another one comes along to take its place ...

I remember that I was very excited about that World Cup at the time, but I can't remember the results of any equally as exciting bike races that I have watched recently apart from the Tour de France.

Same with me with the jerseys i wear on rides. I can't remember which one i wore the other day so i now write it down in my ride diary along with the ride details. Sadly as i post i'm looking at other jerseys to buy which will only add to the problem!:wacko:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

Sorry to hear that.

It is one thing if it is older people, but when young people and adults can't remember things, then I find that rather frightning!

I know some people like that you see.

It's always a joy to find out how many people don't like football. And quite simple to find out as well, just start a thread about football.

Anyway, I have quite enjoyed reading some of the articles online about the tournament. Some quite interesting photographs as well.

I think I'll pass on the BBC Radio event today tho...

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Going back to the subject of the game itself. It must've been a hard decision for Alf Ramsey to name his 11 players. Nowadays there must be about as many subs on the bench as players on the pitch, but substitutions weren't introduced until 1967. I suppose if they were allowed subs in the final many more players would be able to tell of their memories of the day. Jimmy Greaves and Jimmy Armfield surely would've played a part in the win.

AndyRM

XOXO
Vietnam War:
main_1200.jpg

Racial Segregation

main_1200.jpg

There were a lot more important things going on than a couple of dozen men kicking a ball around

It's 11 a side, not 12.

Top Bottom