83 Handbags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Q
And I thought this was going to be a thread about the less successful follow-up single to "68 Guns" by '80s Welsh pomp rockers "The Alarm".
or the less successful prequel to Nena's 99 Red balloons

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Yeah, that's the thing. 83 market specials, just a few hundred pounds. 83 department store bags, a few thousand pounds. 83 Birkin bags and you are in London real estate price bands.
Knowing the friend in question, they are unlikely to be the highest quality bags, her selection will be based entirely on matching the colour of whatever outfit she happens to be wearing that day. My wife solves this problem by having a single multicoloured bag which matches / clashes equally with her entire wardrobe.

EnPassant

Remember Remember some date in November Member
Knowing the friend in question, they are unlikely to be the highest quality bags, her selection will be based entirely on matching the colour of whatever outfit she happens to be wearing that day. My wife solves this problem by having a single multicoloured bag which matches / clashes equally with her entire wardrobe.
There are 83 distinguishable colours? :eek:

"Oh for goodness sakes Jim, the dress is lilac, I cannot possibly make do with a mauve handbag...."

There are 83 distinguishable colours? :eek:

"Oh for goodness sakes Jim, the dress is lilac, I cannot possibly make do with a mauve handbag...."
Sometimes you just want a tiny shoulder bag with room for wallet and keys, sometimes a clutch to accent the shoes and sometimes you need a capacious sack to throw a laptop and a change of clothes - or just to make you look slimmer (I have read that in a magazine: big bag == you don't look so fat)

Disclaimer: I own two bags, a red leather satchel and a Crumpler bag. I missed the gene for handbags. I wonder if I am intersexed :smile:

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Have to say, I'm still struggling with

:wacko:
But they totally are. Look, this one has bees on it!
pTRU1-23919512dt.jpg

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
That's a nappy? Blimey. Things have changed since my day...
Much like cycling clothing, they've gone tech. They're all bamboo soakers, microfibre fleecy liners and polyurethane laminated shells these days. And they keep their value quite well, there's a thriving second-hand market for them.
Most important question: @winjim, do you have a baby?

(please please please answer "yes")
Yes we do:smile:. If the obsession continues past potty training then I might start to get worried.

EnPassant

Remember Remember some date in November Member
Much like cycling clothing, they've gone tech. They're all bamboo soakers, microfibre fleecy liners and polyurethane laminated shells these days. And they keep their value quite well, there's a thriving second-hand market for them.
Yes we do:smile:. If the obsession continues past potty training then I might start to get worried.
Sometimes I learn things here that I'd really rather not know.

wonderloaf

Veteran
Didn't realise 'n+1' could also apply to babies.

Top Bottom