83 Handbags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
mmm, just counted up and I have six rucksacks, six pieces of cycle luggage, and quite a lot else besides

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
And they keep their value quite well, there's a thriving second-hand market for them.

Unfortunately I laid out 250 pounds for a full setup, (nappies, liners, cute covers, bucket) then mum and baby decided they didn't like them after one day. I still have about 20 never-used nappies (and 5 that were used once) in my garage 5 years later, after several attempts to get shot on eBay for 100 pounds all in. Maybe people were expecting an even bigger bargain, I'm not sure.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Unfortunately I laid out 250 pounds for a full setup, (nappies, liners, cute covers, bucket) then mum and baby decided they didn't like them after one day. I still have about 20 never-used nappies (and 5 that were used once) in my garage 5 years later, after several attempts to get shot on eBay for 100 pounds all in. Maybe people were expecting an even bigger bargain, I'm not sure.
Have you tried the cloth nappy group on facebook? I can ask my wife if she knows anywhere else, she's on a couple of cloth nappy forums.

We hired a kit from the local "nappy guru" to start with, to see how we got on with the various different types. That was useful as some of them are easier than others and they all fit slightly differently.

Didn't realise 'n+1' could also apply to babies.
My mother told me the story of her mother explaining to the Doctor "I can't be pregnant, I'm still breast feeding"

This is how you have 8 children between 1916 and 1934
Phew, I'm tired just thinking about it. And that's just thinking about the babies, not all the weird pregnancy and breast-feeding sex.

(I love my dearly - and long - departed Nanna and Poppa. Be careful how your reply)

Sara_H

Guru
A peculiar conversation this morning.

Wife: I think I'm addicted to buying cloth nappies. They're so cute.
Me: Well we do have rather a lot. But they're not really for you, they're for the baby so that's ok.
Wife: You know how some people can't stop buying just one thing? Guess how many handbags [friend] has got.
Me: I dunno, maybe a dozen?
Wife: 83!
Me: Well she does like to coordinate, although I don't see how she'll ever use 83 of the things. Anyway, I just buy bike stuff.
Wife: Yeah you do. You should buy more bike stuff.

So... as justification for my wife buying the baby a couple of extra nappies, I am being encouraged to buy 83 handbags worth of bike stuff...
Not interested in handbags, but I also was addicted to buying cloth nappies. Was very sad when son grew out of them!

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
What are the banned subjects on there then?
The cloth nappy forums are pretty chilled. It's the breastfeeding forums where the discussions get heated. And if you really want to see it kick off in the manner of that banned subject, try mentioning sleep training on an attachment parenting forum.

Not interested in handbags, but I also was addicted to buying cloth nappies. Was very sad when son grew out of them!
My wife has just had to stop doing the regular Ocado order as the nappies are currently 20% off and she can't resist the temptation. I think we may have a koala one in the trolley :rolleyes:.

Sara_H

Guru
My wife has just had to stop doing the regular Ocado order as the nappies are currently 20% off and she can't resist the temptation. I think we may have a koala one in the trolley :rolleyes:.
For cute nappies she needs to be on Etsy, that's where maximum cuteness lies! Tell het to look up a shop on Etsy called Sewn down Purple lane.

There is a flaw, my wife also buys bike bits........

So the "Its only a cheap one" doesn't work as she knows it is not
It was cheap doesn't work because she knows it was not
It has been on the bike for ages doesn't work because she knows what your bike is equipped with

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
For cute nappies she needs to be on Etsy, that's where maximum cuteness lies! Tell het to look up a shop on Etsy called Sewn down Purple lane.
Oh gawd. Wife last seen lurking in the corner of a darkened room with the iPad, muttering to herself "they're lovely... they're lovely..."

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
OK, I have carried out an audit and I can report the following. In the month or so since I started this thread, bike stuff has increased by the amount of one headset (not yet fitted, might wait till after winter). Nappies have increased by three (turns out they stock them at Sainsbury's, and they had a sale on). Handbags have increased by fourteen to give a total of ninety-seven handbags!

I feel like I'm not really pulling my weight here but I can't even afford 83 handbags worth of stuff, let alone an extra 14. Oh well, at least the baby's bum is clean and dry.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Latest acquisition, bought in the Aldi specialbuy:

20170219_101038.jpg

I think they're Felt track bikes.

Top Bottom