A cow has eaten our lawn!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Here I was, sitting quietly at the computer when my wife shouted from downstairs that there was a cow in the garden. Went out and sure enough, a large brown cow has broken down the fence, squeezed through, eaten our lawn and left deep hoofprints and poo all over it.

She and her sisters have demolished the entire field in about a week and turned it into something resembling Flanders. They are starving, there is nothing left for them to eat, it's been so wet the grass has never reached that long mature seeding stage it does most summers. No wonder she broke through.

I shooed her back into the field but in repairing the fence I have scratched my arm on the barbed wire and the scratches are all inflamed. Will I die of tetanus? Who wants my bikes?

What are the bikes?

Night Train

Maker of Things
Get photos and sell the story to the local press, get compensation pay out from farmer's insurance and buy more bikes with it, then die of tetanus and us your bikes. :smile:

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
One titanium-framed Global TH1.5 MTB with Reba forks and one restored 1990 Harry Hall in Columbus SLX. Hurry up and bid, I can feel my jaw locking up already, I'm sure.....

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Rigid Raider said:
One titanium-framed Global TH1.5 MTB with Reba forks and one restored 1990 Harry Hall in Columbus SLX. Hurry up and bid, I can feel my jaw locking up already, I'm sure.....

Dibs on them please :smile:

Rigid Raider said:

Hmmm... interesting. I don't reckon you'll need that tetanus then. You can fill in the hoof holes with grass cuttings and some seed later. Should you live that is......

Maz

Guru
Aperitif said:
Callous Crackle.
Remember, don't look for lawn RR :smile:
I had to re-read that one to get it.

Hope the injury's not serious, RR.
Yeah, that's callous of you, Crackle, heartless even.

I bags the MTB...

Maz said:
I had to re-read that one to get it.

Hope the injury's not serious, RR.
Yeah, that's callous of you, Crackle, heartless even.I bags the MTB...

Eh! Come again.

Anyway I was just ruminating on the outcome and decided to hoof my post in quick. It's no good anyway. RR, mentioned the 'bid' word. He won't get too many breaking down fences to get to his bikes now.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Since you haven't got any grass now, can I have your lawnmower ... our ancient one broke a couple of weeks ago when Mr Summerdays forgot to put oil in it... let me know quick so I can cancel my order for a new one:biggrin:.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Well it's morning and I'm still alive.... might be needing those bikes and the mower after all. Sorry.

Top Bottom