England : Norfolk A Flipping Flat Holland Hundred Sat 12 Sep

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
A bit more notice on this one. It's 98% confirmed but not yet published. There should be shorter rides on Sat 6th and Thu 10th if you'd prefer.

On Sat 12 Sep, some of KLWNBUG will be leaving Lynnsport and Leisure Park for our third (and probably final) century ride this year: a very very flat circuit across the fens passing through Sutton Bridge, Boston, Spalding and Wisbech.

Distance 100 miles, and almost all climbing will be river and drain banks and bridges (http://cycle.st/p36446 looks like it might be the second-toughest climb of the day!). There is a small chance that bad weather will screw things up and if that happens, we will cut it short, probably at Sutton Bridge.

The pace should be slightly faster than our usual (so aiming for 12mph, perhaps) but we won't leave anyone behind. Please bring food but we'll aim to offer food/drink purchase opportunities in each town (which part of the reason for riding on a Saturday instead of a Sunday).

The route is a mixture of cycle paths and quiet roads (it's a Saturday right on the end of the season, so we'll be avoiding the A roads), so is suitable for any bike, although you might find it hard and noisy work on nobblies.

We'll set off earlier than usual at 8am (watch this space or www.KLWNBUG.co.uk for changes) from the cycle park by Lynnsport's front door, next to the table tennis tables. We aim to be back before dark, but bring lights just in case, unless you're confident to rush off home on your own if it gets late.

Inevitably the ride may string out a bit, we tend to have several short stops for regroups and a quick slurp. Usually I have a toolkit, pump and first-aid kit on board, so anyone joining us can be confident of being properly looked after insofar as they may need it.

If anyone needs it, contact me and we'll call in at the train station to collect anyone arriving on the 0721 train from Cambridge/London (sorry for the 50ish minute wait). If you're motoring with a bike in/on the back, there is parking at Lynnsport signposted from the A149/A1076 Hospital roundabout or A148/A149 Southgates roundabout.

Please post expressions of interest/queries, or feel free to PM me. (HT @Pale Rider again for the general shape of this invitation and a couple of nice phrases which I've shamelessly copied.)

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Looks a good ride and a good chance for those looking for their first imperial century.

I reckon the elapsed time for the ride could be up to 12 hours for some.

Lights would be prudent, even if they are not required or only needed for the last hour or so.

http://www.thetimeandplace.info/uk/norwich-norfolk/2015-09-12#.VeA6ZCVViko

Top Bottom