A sticky mess on the carpet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
:biggrin:

It's marmelade and mud, (don't ask).* :biggrin: All you ppl on here who do your cycle maintenance indoors, how do you get a sticky mess off the carpet.

I have tried Vanish Carpet Spray to no avail. Can you suggest anything else (preferably not expensive). Please.

The marmelade is my fault, the mud is the cat's fault, but together we have made a right mess. :biggrin:

jasper

Steam clean...and get wooden floors if you are going to repair bikes indoors.

Mr Phoebus

My kitteh got into a garage someone had left open and trod used oil all over my
CREAM coloured carpet.
I just used a bowl of warm water with plenty of washing up liquid with a nail brush.
All that before getting the Vax Professional on it.
Although the Vax is awesome, it would've never have shifted that black treacly oil on its own.

Saddle bum

Über Member
Speicher said:
:blush:

It's marmelade and mud, (don't ask).* :blush: All you ppl on here who do your cycle maintenance indoors, how do you get a sticky mess off the carpet.

I have tried Vanish Carpet Spray to no avail. Can you suggest anything else (preferably not expensive). Please.

The marmelade is my fault, the mud is the cat's fault, but together we have made a right mess. :eek:

Both mud and marmalade are water soluble, so a good detergent should do the trick.

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Oh dear, things got worse this afternoon. The cat was the one doing the throwing up, ugh, on the beige lounge carpet and at the top of the stairs. :eek::eek:. I think he read my e-mails about getting another cat.

I hesitate to try all the other suggestions regarding alcohol etc.:laugh:

Top Bottom