A very poor show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Am I missing something on this thread ? A Police officer admits to trying to give cyclists a heart attack by blasting them with sirens and makes light about them falling off - and folks are agreeing with the copper? (Sorry if I've misread the thread).

No need to apologise but that's not how the thread started, @glenn forger diverted it down that route because a few other users had the temerity to criticise the behaviour of other cyclists.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Am I missing something on this thread ? A Police officer admits to trying to give cyclists a heart attack by blasting them with sirens and makes light about them falling off - and folks are agreeing with the copper? (Sorry if I've misread the thread).

I would rather they did that to my kids than knock on my door at 2am to tell me they have been killed because they had no lights.

D

Deleted member 26715

I've never driven dangerously near anyone. I'm so steady behind the wheel even my old Mum gets impatient when she's in the car with me.
At the weekend I drove into town to see a friend who's cat had died.

ROFL I had to read the 1st post again, I missed the 1st line, I had assumed you were on your bike & there was me thinking, you'd caught these numpties up & they were holding you up, you were sat there patiently waiting for your opportunity to overtake the 'peloton' to get on your way LOL

D

Deleted member 26715

It would seem some folk don't know the difference between...

A car...

View attachment 142071

And wailers...

View attachment 142072
These are the wailers along with Bob Marley :smile:

Bob-marley-wailers-crystal-palace.jpg

I would rather they did that to my kids than knock on my door at 2am to tell me they have been killed because they had no lights.
Because those are the only two options....

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
[QUOTE 4444510, member: 259"]Wtf does that have to do with this thread?[/QUOTE]
The story of a cyclist shooting a youngster goes to the heart of the matter, which is that there are more (and more various) cyclists in the world than one can feel empathy for, let alone some kind of responsibility. I'm sure that Drago's right, and that cyclists on sportives do sometimes ride foolishly (although the greatest distress attends poor design of the courses by the organisers) but it's difficult to fit such foolishness in to the panorama of our considerations.

The rest of it is just handbags at dawn. Or at dusk. Which would, when you think about it, make a decent western.

Handbags at Dusk - starring Nancy Sinatra and Ann-Margaret. Directed by Roger Corman. Where's Fnaaar when you need him?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom