Advise needed: Requesting Sponsership

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

I can't be arsed to explain everything anymore. I will try, and if it doesn't work then oh well.:tongue:

And maybe next year, if Will's plans goes ahead, I will be able to join a race team.

mr-marty-martin

a race team is the way to go...

Young Un said:
I take on board what all of you are saying, I just think that it may be worth a shot? NO harm in trying, and you never know, they might say yes - I am trying to be optimistic here. BUt nice to see I am getting lots of encouragement ;)

Right then. Imagine I'm a bike shop owner feeling the effects of the credit crunch and economic downturn.

Some bloke I've never met writes me a letter saying "I like cycling and I reckon I'm good. Please give me free kit." Looking at his age I can tell that this time last year he probably wanted to be a pro skateboarder, this time next year he'll probably be wanting to chase girls or drink alcopops, and his bedroom is probably littered with the leftovers from previous fads.

Same day a young lad comes in to my shop and says "any chance of getting a morning job for my summer holidays? I'm dead keen on cycling, want to learn about the components, different types of gear, tools, stuff like that. If you haven't got a job going, I'd be prepared to work for free each morning if you'll teach me about bike maintenance, let me use your workshop during term time and let me buy stuff at cost price when I spend the money from my Saturday job / birthday / christmas / pocket money in here."

Who do you think I'd be prepared to help out? Who do you think I'd sponsor, if I was into sponsoring riders at all? :ohmy:

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

Stig-OT-Dump said:
Right then. Imagine I'm a bike shop owner feeling the effects of the credit crunch and economic downturn.

Some bloke I've never met writes me a letter saying "I like cycling and I reckon I'm good. Please give me free kit." Looking at his age I can tell that this time last year he probably wanted to be a pro skateboarder, this time next year he'll probably be wanting to chase girls or drink alcopops, and his bedroom is probably littered with the leftovers from previous fads.

Same day a young lad comes in to my shop and says "any chance of getting a morning job for my summer holidays? I'm dead keen on cycling, want to learn about the components, different types of gear, tools, stuff like that. If you haven't got a job going, I'd be prepared to work for free each morning if you'll teach me about bike maintenance, let me use your workshop during term time and let me buy stuff at cost price when I spend the money from my Saturday job / birthday / christmas / pocket money in here."

Who do you think I'd be prepared to help out? Who do you think I'd sponsor, if I was into sponsoring riders at all? ;)

I can see your point very clearly, and it has taught me a good lesson, in that I am asking too much in return for too little. Cheers!

Top Bottom