An UPDATED Video on what cycling has done for me.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tyres23

Well by god what a star I started my own journey last July and so far 10 stone down I'm now down to 15 stone the day I hit 15 stone was the day my shinty new specialezd Tarmac sl2 became my baby!!!! Had it 4 weeks gone from 25 miles looking for my. 50 and the weight loss has kicked off again ... Will power and the right frame of mind fir me and a shiny carbon bike !!! Will I go backnot a chance I love my new life ... Congrats again!!!!

Atyl1972

brilliant mate, brilliant..must have been hard to overcome the eating disorder, any disorder is hard to overcome but eating and at that weight, hats off to you man big time and a great video to watch and hopefully will change peoples lives for the better, this is very inspirational..:thumbsup:
New video time, Think this song is so me, and this is IMO just a pure-celebration,

but is this better than the rest?

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwvIhTlxd_U[/media]

petecworld

Amazing Story, i too have taken to Cycling to loose weight i was a mere 28 stone in January and have now lost 9 Stone and all this is down to the bike ( and diet change) you are an inspiration to me well done, i hope to catch you up soon :smile:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Amazing Story, i too have taken to Cycling to loose weight i was a mere 28 stone in January and have now lost 9 Stone and all this is down to the bike ( and diet change) you are an inspiration to me well done, i hope to catch you up soon :smile:

That is amazing, is it still falling off?

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.

Well done :biggrin:

Race ya :biggrin:

mrmacmusic

Veteran
...and there was me thinking I'd done well to lose 5 stone!

I was 17st12 when I decided to change my lifestyle, and weighed 12st10 when I stepped on the scales last Saturday for my weekly weigh-in.... (I blogged about my story here, with an update here if you're interested). I went about things differently from you – you could say I did it "My Way"
biggrin.gif
– and only recently started cycling. I built up to 15 mile runs, bought a more road-orientated bike, joined a friendly cycle forum (!) and started commuting every now and again (28 mile round trip). Did it once at first, then twice a week last week. Today was my third cyclo-commute this week, and I'm chuffed.

People told me my weight-loss and change of lifestyle was inspirational, but I think it pales into insignificance reading your story. Well done Gaz
thumbsup.png

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
...and there was me thinking I'd done well to lose 5 stone!

I was 17st12 when I decided to change my lifestyle, and weighed 12st10 when I stepped on the scales last Saturday for my weekly weigh-in.... (I blogged about my story here, with an update here if you're interested). I went about things differently from you – you could say I did it "My Way"
biggrin.gif
– and only recently started cycling. I built up to 15 mile runs, bought a more road-orientated bike, joined a friendly cycle forum (!) and started commuting every now and again (28 mile round trip). Did it once at first, then twice a week last week. Today was my third cyclo-commute this week, and I'm chuffed.

People told me my weight-loss and change of lifestyle was inspirational, but I think it pales into insignificance reading your story. Well done Gaz
thumbsup.png

and you have done well, bloody well in fact mate, dont belittle your own accomplishments (there are plenty of others that will LOL) you have done really well and it was an enjoyable read too.

All the best

Gaz

Brahan

Über Member
Carrying the Olympic torch just because you've lost weight? Really? Respect to what you've done mate, no doubt absolutely no doubt what so ever, but really? You're joking right?

gary in derby

my understanding of the olympics it to inspire mankind to get off its backside and get moving.

Gary, i do hope you get to carry the torch, as i know you have inspired me to do something about my weight and previously sedintary lifestyle. i am sure im not the only one. so in reply to Brahan, Gary's amazing weight loss, is only part of it. if you take into account all the other people out there that have followed his example, carrying the torch is the least tthe country could do, personally think the Queen should give him a gong.

Gary (the other FB who is shrinking):thumbsup:

Top Bottom