Annual CC get together?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Hello everyone,

I'm just trying to gauge interest in an annual CC get together.

No specifics regarding venue or timing, just whether you like the idea and would be interested?

I realise that a time and place would allow you to be more definite, but I'm just interested in how many people would fancy meeting up with other CC'ers.

It could be a one day event - a mass CC picnic somewhere - or perhaps a weekend event with tents, campfires, and oodles of marshmallows!

What do you think?

Cheers,
Shaun

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I think that's a great idea, Shaun, although how it would work for people from the North of Scotland and Depths of Cornwall as well as the Home Counties types could be an administrative task even beyond... well... a magically good administrator.

Oh absolutely! That would be a scream!

One thing though Shaun babe - your spelling is going to have to improve if you want to get folk interested..

"perhaps a weekend event with tents, campfires, and oodles of marshmallows!"

Since when has alcohol been spelt m-a-r-s-h-m-a-l-l-o-w-s ? :biggrin:

Also, there are enough musicians on this forum to hold our own festival, so if we can convince some of them, there'll be live music too...

I smell the makings of a seriously good party.........

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
if doable then I'll always join in

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I had been thinking something similar (wonder why that could be?)

It's not the midlands, but what about linking it in some way with the York rally? All the reasons that make York a good venue for the rally are good for a CC get together too (good rail links, high density of pubs, etc.). If they were in the same place at the same sort of time, it might be two birds, one stone for some...

(The fact that it'd be dead handy for me does not influence my opinion in any way, you understand).

At the least, we should perhaps hold a CCers ride out from the York do.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Uncle Phil said:
I had been thinking something similar (wonder why that could be?)

It's not the midlands, but what about linking it in some way with the York rally? All the reasons that make York a good venue for the rally are good for a CC get together too (good rail links, high density of pubs, etc.). If they were in the same place at the same sort of time, it might be two birds, one stone for some...

(The fact that it'd be dead handy for me does not influence my opinion in any way, you understand).

At the least, we should perhaps hold a CCers ride out from the York do.

Purely selfish, but I can't make that weekend as I'm off cycling to Amsterdam in aid of a worthy cause, although it's a sensible suggestion. Would the trains already be booked up with cyclists though?

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I am TOTALLY up for this!! I'll be there...bikes, tents sunshine happydaze....

Also, there are enough musicians on this forum to hold our own festival, so if we can convince some of them, there'll be live music too...

I smell the makings of a seriously good party.........
Purrfeckt:hello::biggrin:

where when?...let's do it.:smile:

Top Bottom