Annual CC get together?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Flying_Monkey said:
As long as it's not later than June, I will be up for it...

Why what are you up to after June?

User1314 said:
I'll be happy/able to come away for a CC camping weekend if:

1. It was family orientated. I can bring my kids, you see. If I just went on my own I couldn't really justify it.

2. It's not raining.

3. Beer, wine and curry is available.

Well

1st yes you can bring your kids as we will be needing meat for the meat curry:evil:

2nd If it is not to far from York I can bring some of my works marques (Just for you mind):smile:

3rd Yes there will be beer and Wine IF you do the Beer run:evil:

Sound good?

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Awesome idea but as I'm in Europe until September I may have to wait until next Summer.

Why not hold in a different part of the UK each Summer. One year England, then Scotland the following year etc.

Just a thought.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Auntie Helen said:
I think that's a great idea, Shaun, although how it would work for people from the North of Scotland and Depths of Cornwall as well as the Home Counties types could be an administrative task even beyond... well... a magically good administrator.

Te Bheag said:
Good idea. Somewhere in the Midlands and on the National Cycle Routes/Sustrans?

Nice idea, but I can foresee there being a administrative issues, i.e. the middle part of Britain would actually be somewhere around Cumbria or Northumberland.... of course the geographical spread of CC members is a wee bit wider that just the UK...

Good luck to who ever takes it on :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
It would be a great idea. Maybe it'll have to build slowly, over a couple of years.

Linking to the Rally would be good in some ways - although I'm always busy that weekend, with Velo Vision stuff, so fitting in another gathering would be tricky. (Uncle Phil, the CC ride out could always link with the VV one (VVCC, CCVV, or VCVC...?) - although the whether the Ship will even be open this year is an issue...)

While it's true that somewhere more northerly would be 'fair' in geographical terms, the main consideration is probably transport link - esp trains. Birmingham in a good hub - but then are York and Newcastle, and they are further North... The mooted East Yorkshire getogether has possibilities too. And cookiemonster's rotating idea....

Unless we try and do it BBC style and have a couple of gatherings at the same time, and a simul-cast with big screens so we can shout to each other...:smile:

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
No point in having it in central england just becaus e of geography. I suggest we work it on a location convenient to those who are actually coming.

I like the camping idea, but if its a fair way then I will drive it and chuck the bikes in the back..maybe get a Travel inn somewhere etc

barq

cookiemonster said:
Why not hold in a different part of the UK each Summer. One year England, then Scotland the following year etc.

That is a good idea.

My attendance would depend on date/location, but basically my reaction is quite enthusiastic.

Arch

Married to Night Train
User3143 said:
Sounds good, geographically speaking Brum is the centre of the mainland so it makes sense to have it there.

I don't think so, if you include Scotland - as far as I know, that is part of the mainland still....

Dayvo said:
Funny, had the very same though only yesterday! :sad:

I'm very keen, time or location (if near majorish airport) shouldn't be a problem.

Might need to scrounge a bike, or I could happily drink all the tea and beer, and eat all the cake!

There is a rail link from Manchester air port to York and the trains are every 30 mins;)

And I do not think a bike will be a problem I think I can sort one out for you depending on what you wish???

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hmmm. I do know that Northumberland is a cracking place (hilly in bits but some flatter parts), and there are loads of cafes (I could reel off a list of several within riding distance of Berwick).... Berwick is on the East Coast Mainline.... A bunch of mates of mine hire Wooler Youth Hostel once a year (it's run by a private trust, but under the YHA wing, I think). Renting a hostel for a weekend would always be an alternative (esp if it was one with camping as well...)

We do rides in the day, and then in the evening have social stuff, the odd quiz (it's usually very odd, because of the chap who compiles it) and one guy has a projector for a PC, so we can show slides etc.... We self cater, (most of us get takeaway from the town), and bring our own booze etc.

Probably less option for fires and marshmallows though.:sad:

Top Bottom