Annual CC get together?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Auntie Helen said:
Shaun, where would you like it? It's your idea, after all...
no no no no no :wacko: Shaun has the ideas (like setting up this forum) then we arrive en masse and take it over... that's how it usually works :sad:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Fnaar said:
no no no no no :smile: Shaun has the ideas (like setting up this forum) then we arrive en masse and take it over... that's how it usually works :biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

domd1979

Veteran
I thought that it was Meriden....

Somewhere Midlands-ish makes sense (Peak District might be nice?) - I guess its a case of just picking somewhere and going for it, as wherever the location is its going to be handier for some and not others. Google maps doesn't have an application to pick the optimum point from the "where are you based map" does it...?

User3143 said:
Sounds good, geographically speaking Brum is the centre of the mainland so it makes sense to have it there.

longers

Legendary Member
I'd make an effort to get to wherever it's on at.

Would putting it to the vote be any good for deciding where?

We could maybe have qualifying rounds, semis and a grand final so that everybody's suggestions get a chance.

Radius

SHREDDER
Would be interested providing the timing is good. Any time after the 10th of June (but not around the 23rd) :biggrin:

Peter

postman said:
I am watching this.It could be good.Only thing is i do not do tents.
Same here - no tents

Great idea though and it would be fantastic to meet everyone that turns up, not just the guys/girls on our London/ish rides.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
I'll come for the marshmallows,:biggrin:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
postman said:
I am watching this.It could be good.Only thing is i do not do tents.

oh go on postman, you can borrow one of mine. I have 5 of various shapes and sizes :biggrin:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Well, okay, how about a 1-day event for the first one?

We could hold it in a park or some public open space to make it less difficult to organise. Just pick a place and date and see how many can make it.

Maybe even have two meets - North and South - on the same day, and if there's a wireless connection nearby we can swap pics on CC and share the love! :blush:

Maybe include a couple of rides; a short 5 mile family ride for those who want to bring the kids? and a grown-ups 25 mile one?

We could start and end at the venue, then have a mass picnic.

Can you imagine how far back you'd need to stand to get everyone in on the group photo?

Cheers,
Shaun ;)

Admin said:
Well, okay, how about a 1-day event for the first one?

We could hold it in a park or some public open space to make it less difficult to organise. Just pick a place and date and see how many can make it.

Maybe even have two meets - North and South - on the same day, and if there's a wireless connection nearby we can swap pics on CC and share the love! :blush:

Maybe include a couple of rides; a short 5 mile family ride for those who want to bring the kids? and a grown-ups 25 mile one?

We could start and end at the venue, then have a mass picnic.

Can you imagine how far back you'd need to stand to get everyone in on the group photo?

Cheers,
Shaun ;)

There will a few people (including myself) coming from quite a fair distance, regardless if they were held in the south or north.

Arranging for camping/hostelling/B&B would be a better possibilty, possibly! So an event with a stay-over would be my choice, as I'd have to get to a UK airport then make my way to the venue.

But that's just my 2d's worth! ;)

Top Bottom