Annual CC get together?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Would it be more sensible to get the venue organised so people can then say (with more seriousness) whether they'd be able to make it... then get a suitable date?

Probably a better idea :biggrin:

Poll removed, and my post adjusted!

Cheers,
Shaun :rolleyes:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
If you look at tyhe 'Where are you based?' map then the population mass is definitely England centric. The midlands would seem to be default territory

Look here

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
rich p said:
If you look at tyhe 'Where are you based?' map then the population mass is definitely England centric. The midlands would seem to be default territory

Look here

my thought was that there are very few places that can be reached by direct train from the rest of the UK other than London. Birmingham is the best of the rest, although York and Bristol are not too bad. Having said that, if I were coming down from Glasgow I'd expect to make it a long weekend to make the trip worthwhile.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
We don't NEED tennis, skiiing, or knitting in the world - but these are things that it's nice to have.

Yeah, but I'm not about to suggest we all do knitting on a CC meet up, am I?

(Unless anyone wants to, I can bring spare needles....:biggrin:)

bonj2

Arch said:
Yeah, but I'm not about to suggest we all do knitting on a CC meet up, am I?

(Unless anyone wants to, I can bring spare needles....:biggrin:)
well i don't know - there's enough yoghurt-knitting going on...

redcogs

Guru
There are loads of very impressive folk on here who i'd enjoy meeting, but from the Moray to the midlands is a bit daunting.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I'm interested. And I'm with Arch when it comes to quad bikes and paintballing. Beer and pies, or tea and cakes, are all that we'd need besides the bicycles. London or Bristol areas are most reachable for me out of those suggested so far, although I'd make the effort to go further if time allows.

betty swollocks

large member
I think this when/where situation needs a benign dictator: ie you Shaun. :biggrin:
You dictate and those that can come will come - given sufficient time to make arrangements.
My preference would be for a long weekend somewhere scenic and with sunshine guaranteed!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
betty swollocks said:
I think this when/where situation needs a benign dictator: ie you Shaun. :biggrin:
You dictate and those that can come will come - given sufficient time to make arrangements.
My preference would be for a long weekend somewhere scenic and with sunshine guaranteed!

+1. We do need to get a move on

....and, Shaun, you did read that bit about sunshine, didn't you?

bonj2

theclaud said:
I'm interested. And I'm with Arch when it comes to quad bikes and paintballing. Beer and pies, or tea and cakes, are all that we'd need besides the bicycles. London or Bristol areas are most reachable for me out of those suggested so far, although I'd make the effort to go further if time allows.

what you mean you're scared.. :biggrin:
arch is OBVIOUSLY scared, but i would have thought better of you...

Cubist

Still wavin'
Sounds like a great idea, and from my central-ish location will travel to enjoy this sort of event. Camping for me, with barbecues and beer, and marshmallows and tea, and music and merriment, can't wait!

Top Bottom