Another York ride, anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
I would struggle with a 9:30 start as I have something I need to do first thing. Could probably manage 10:00, but would prefer 10:30.

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Perhaps we'd better compromise on a ten o'clock start, then. If you're not there on the stroke of ten, Danny, we'll wait for you (or leave a trail of skid marks, broken spokes, sprocket teeth and other bicycle-related detritus for you to follow. Spandex's bikes shed these things all the time).

Uncle Phil said:
Perhaps we'd better compromise on a ten o'clock start, then. If you're not there on the stroke of ten, Danny, we'll wait for you (or leave a trail of skid marks, broken spokes, sprocket teeth and other bicycle-related detritus for you to follow. Spandex's bikes shed these things all the time).

:sad:

Who have you been speaking to:wacko::smile:

Come on Tell me....

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Phil said:

As my Dad used to say, if we get there first we'll draw a chalk line on the road, if you get there first, rub it off....

Christopher

Über Member
hi
Assuming the ride is Sat'day the 16th I'd like to come along please. Will get train to York & wander along to the Minister for 10 AM. Will PM Uncle Phil with my moby # tomorrow. Also assuming I do make it I will be riding a blue Dave Yates & maybe even a Cyclechat jersey.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Soltydog and I will be the ones arriving, out of breath, trying to look like we've ridden more than 200 yards since our last cuppa....

postman

Legendary Member
Just checked the weather.It is going to be sunny.

So all of you enjoy the day.

Christopher

Über Member
cheers postie!
getting up at 6AM tomorrow. Luckily the train terminates in York so no worries about missing my stop :rolleyes:. Will prepare the bike tonight and have PM'd OP the OP with my moby number.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Phil said:
6 am? 6 am?? Looxurey! Ee, when I were a lad, we used to get oop before us went to bed, have a mouthful of cold gravel and then it were down t'pit...etc.

You had gravel?

Mind you, I was planning to offer Solty a handful of gravel with his tea... (no, not really)

You may all be pleased to know that I made a tray of tiffin (the sort I brung last time, with chocolate on) today, when I should have been comparing cattle metatarsals. Just couldn't get my head round them today.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Arch said:
You had gravel?

Mind you, I was planning to offer Solty a handful of gravel with his tea... (no, not really)

You may all be pleased to know that I made a tray of tiffin (the sort I brung last time, with chocolate on) today, when I should have been comparing cattle metatarsals. Just couldn't get my head round them today.

Yum!:biggrin:

Top Bottom