Another York ride, anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cathryn said:
But lamb trotters are allegedly an aphrodisiac!

Dear god, you'd have to pretty desparate, I'd have thought. I mean, although I don't think I could eat an oyster, I can see that there might be a certain flirtatiousness about eating them. But lamb trotters?

Anyway, I'm off home soon, so I'll see folk tomorrow morning...

Have a good ride everyone - pudding on the style in York.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Bugger :ohmy:
Must have had a power cut through the night & my alarm clock didn't go off as planned at 5.30. Only just got up, woken by wife's phone alarm. I'm not going to get to York on time now, should be on the train half way there by now, so I'll give it a miss this time :ohmy:
Have a good ride all & hopefully catch you next time.

off back to bed now I think :laugh:

zacklaws

Guru
Power cut where I live was quite early on, about 2100, Learnt from experience you cannot beat a good mechanical clock, or a battery one as a close second and change battery regularily.

Wanted to do a 100+ ride up to Whitby and back along coast yesterday but weather forecast too bad so planned a short 30 instead before the rain, but rain came too early and heavy before I even set off so cancelled that as well. Hopefully tommorow.

Anyway good luck for all today with the weather

zacklaws

Guru
Suppose I was lucky having to go to work. But just when I left it heaved it down, declined all lifts home and got soaked pedalling home. Thank God it was only a couple of miles.

Just hope weathers fine for a ride up to Whitby and back tommorow.

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I think we had a good ride. There was a particularly heavy shower while we were having lunch in Malton, and a lighter one just as we approached Stamford Bridge, but it was mercifully brief. And that was it.

Oh, and it was drizzling a bit just before ten, but nothing to worry about.

There may be photographs later.

(You Have Been Warned).

colly

Re member eR
Thanks for organising again Phil. Nice to meet a couple of new faces too.
Thanks for the cake and tea Arch.

Just a couple of photos from my phone:

Arch's goodies!!
atmav5.jpg

Frustruck sampling Arch's wares at stamford Bridge:
2yxoxmq.jpg

Between Stamford Bridge and Dunnington:
whllj8.jpg

Spandex on a mission:
izuj47.jpg

Helen doing the double:
2dmcad0.jpg

Out in the wilds:
1z172b9.jpg

Arch and Danny giving it some wellie:
28m08wi.jpg

Nice pics colly I did not even see you take any but the one of Arch's cake!

Christopher

Über Member
Admin said:
Damn that flapjack looks good .... gimmeee .... :laugh:
It was. So good I had two pieces :evil:!
thanks Uncle Phil for organising the ride, it was great. Nice to meet lots of Very Nice People. I bombarded Spandex with tech questions, all of which he answered gamely, watch out mickle! Easily made my train back from York to Preston, must do this again...

oh I went out yesterday for an endlessly hilly 55 miler around the hills north of Lancaster, pretty good but tiring: up down, down, up up down etc

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Uncle Phil said:
I enjoyed it too.

Another next month? Perhaps the Wolds this time?

Next month is a bit tricky for me as I'm off to Amsterdam then on holiday at the end of the month.

Thanks for Saturday. And I'm glad the weather wasn't as bad as we feared:smile:.

Top Bottom