Anti-social chiminea neighbours

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
It is very warm, everyone has their windows open, and someone feels the need to light a chiminea and fill their neighbours' homes with smoke.

What to do?
1. Go round with a fire extinguisher or bucket of water
2. Write an anonymous note pointing out their crime
3. Give them some jumpers to keep warm and offer to take the wretched chiminea to the tip
4. Shut the windows and put up with the heat
1-3 are all a bit too passive aggressive. As others have said, go and talk to them, better still invite them for a barby and make friends. Friends wouldn't do stuff like that to each other.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I use a 6 foot tall cast iron Chiminea with a swivelling removable grill and it's a fantastic bit of kit. Your neighbours must not know what they're doing with theirs or else its a crap one, mine hardly smokes at all.

Brains

Legendary Member
Offer them some seasoned logs or proper lumpwood charcoal, that way a decent chimnea will not smoke at all.

or you could come out in sympathy with the strikers in Calais and burn some old tyres

Slioch

Guru
Neighbour's with a Chiminea. Chavtastic

You have my sympathies for the smoke, the smell and for having neighbours who are the sort to have bought one.

Oi, who are you calling a chav? :boxing:

Mrs S and I thoroughly enjoy our occasional chiminea evenings, and very civilised they are too. Listening to classical music on the portable wireless, quaffing Chilean merlot, and nibbling premium snackettes from Waitrose.

Then we pee in the bushes, throw the rubbish over next doors fence, and pass out in our deckchairs.

Saluki

World class procrastinator

Mrs S and I thoroughly enjoy our occasional chiminea evenings, and very civilised they are too. Listening to classical music on the portable wireless, quaffing Chilean merlot, and nibbling premium snackettes from Waitrose.

Then we pee in the bushes, throw the rubbish over next doors fence, and pass out in our deckchairs.
There was some etiquette person going on about how only the lower orders have Chimineas. Decking and multicoloured fairy lights too for that matter. Something about those gas patio heaters as well if I remember rightly. Our neighbours have all of them and they are lovely lovely people.

Tin Pot

Guru
I tried a chimenea last year, and all it achieved was to fumigate my own house.

We can laugh now.

Why are they allowed to be sold? They're like the homeopathy of outdoor heating!

Surely the Chilean wine comment belongs with the pee-in-the-bushes section?

Top Bottom