Any-one know good treatment for sore/tender a"*e after long rides?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I suffered from a similar bum affliction a year ago. The parishioners hereabouts offered their advice. Here's the thread. I hope it helps.
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/please-help-me-fix-my-bum.164706/
Again.........thank you.
But as I say, I get absolutely no chaffing/raw skin etc. The pain is below the surface & feels like its the actual sit bones.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
You say you've paid for a bike fit but have you actually had your pelvic bones measured before buying a new saddle? Two different things. I found it made a massive difference.
Well..........funny you should say that because ...........no - I hadn't when I got the saddle.
But last week I went to a LBS that has said measuring device which showed I am small-to-medium. I have ordered a Bontrager which in small which I can trial for 30 days.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I find I am uncomfortable on any type og gel saddle. I changed to Brooks which are great. Charge Spoon get great reviews.

Keep playing with the tilt of your saddle. Mine is about 2 mm nose up and it's great. I actually use a spirit level to keep the angle correct.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Well..........funny you should say that because ...........no - I hadn't when I got the saddle.
But last week I went to a LBS that has said measuring device which showed I am small-to-medium. I have ordered a Bontrager which in small which I can trial for 30 days.
Personally, I would have gone for medium as the bruising is caused by not sitting on your sit bones but on the soft tissue inbetween. You may find with the small that your sit bones are still either side of the saddle, but see how you get on. You should notice an immediate improvement. If nothing has changed after a couple of rides swap for the medium. It may only be a few millimetres differences but it can be the difference between heaven and hell.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Personally, I would have gone for medium as the bruising is caused by not sitting on your sit bones but on the soft tissue inbetween. You may find with the small that your sit bones are still either side of the saddle, but see how you get on. You should notice an immediate improvement. If nothing has changed after a couple of rides swap for the medium. It may only be a few millimetres differences but it can be the difference between heaven and hell.

That is my thinking..........the Sella Italia seems quite wide and this guy with the assometer tells me I am narrow.........so we have agreed that I will try the narrow and swap to the medium it it doesn't work.

buggi

Bird Saviour
That is my thinking..........the Sella Italia seems quite wide and this guy with the assometer tells me I am narrow.........so we have agreed that I will try the narrow and swap to the medium it it doesn't work.
Assometer?! Haha haha love it

Top Bottom