Anybody on here own a pub or know someone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I know lots of people but I don't own a pub. Neither do they...

Moose

My brother owns one - I don't know anything about the business, but I might be able to find out for you.

dan_bo said:
me mam used to run one in dudloiiii. wassup?

All Banks's and Hansons there. Brierley Hill was where the variety was: Simkiss, Holdens, Bathams, Ma Pardoe - ok it was nearly in Dudley, but we claimed it as our own.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
mater ran the one with a barge as a bar. Unfortunately she was just a tenant and had real problems with the management company- it came to a head when the ceiling (upstairs) collapsed and the landlord wouldn't do anything about it. So she did one.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Try pinging Pubrunner.

Proto

Legendary Member
Patrick Stevens said:
All Banks's and Hansons there. Brierley Hill was where the variety was: Simkiss, Holdens, Bathams, Ma Pardoe - ok it was nearly in Dudley, but we claimed it as our own.

Blimey. Was that The Swan in Netherton? She used to brew on the premises. Bloody hell, I went there about 35 years ago!

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Greedo said:
who does?

I've a couple of questions for said person if possible

Cheers

I might be able to help you; our family no longer has a pub, but I'm a personal licence holder and still have many friends in the trade - both brewers and publicans.

After 27 years of living in one, I really miss pub life - some very memorable evenings. One night we were 'invaded' by some Hells Angels; three groups actually, called 'The Berserkers', 'The Druids' and 'The Henchmen'. They were actually very decent blokes, with a very strict code. They wanted to spend the night in the pub, but we persuaded them to stay in a neighbouring farmer's barn - which they burned down . . . in an effort to keep warm.:thumbsup::laugh::laugh:

Sadly, I only got into biking after leaving the pub. It would have been (still is) a great venue to hold some sort of cycling event; over an acre of hardstanding carpark, two bars and a function room with a fire certificate for 250.

Luckily, they still have live music and 6 real ales. On the first of May, they've got Aly Bain & Phil Cunningham playing there - thoroughly recommended. See http://www.philandaly.com/ I've seen some great live acts there - Martin Carthy, Dave Swarbrick, Kathryn Tickell etc. etc.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Proto said:
Blimey. Was that The Swan in Netherton? She used to brew on the premises. Bloody hell, I went there about 35 years ago!

That's right, the Olde Swan. Brewing resumed there seven or eight years ago, having stopped in the early 90s. If I remember rightly, we had a couple of casks from there.

Many on this forum will have their garages/sheds/attics 'cluttered' with bike gear. Mine is full of pub 'tat' inc. glasses (many boxes), ashtrays, handpumps, beer coolers, bar towels, a couple of single cask stillages. I've even got a fair few old beer trays; some are quite rare - anyone remember Whitaker's Brewery of Halifax ? I've a huge collection of beer pump clips - something in the region of two thousand. Some are very rare, such as the one for Dilfords Brewery - can anyone tell me were it was based ? (I know:smile:)

If I sell everything, I might just make enough money to buy puncture repair outfit.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom