Anyone know how to make prison type alcohol?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've been watching Coronation Street's prison scenes lately where "alky" Peter Barlow is on remand for a murder charge. In Friday's episode he got his hands on Jim McDonalds (hidden under the prison kitchen's sink) stash and ended up blottoed so much that he's now on a life support system! Obviously i'm not suggesting irresponsible drinking but if things are taken in moderation then you should be ok is my philosophy!
Does anyone know how they make prison type alcohol,and has anyone on here made such a concoction maybe due to them being in prison at some time in their lives?:whistle:

stephec

Legendary Member
You're not owning up to watching Coronation Street are you? :smile:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
There are various methods but they all seemed to be variations of fermenting fruit or fruit juice, adding sugar to disguise the taste of rotting fruit is considered soft in some social circles.
And then you distil the result to get hooch, yes?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I remember reading about 'pruno' in some book - The Executioner's Song' I think. Modern Drunkard magazine has a surprisingly interesting write up. The recipe should be enough to put you off trying it, although I suspect that's how Baileys may actually be made.

Last edited:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Orange juice, sugar and yeast nicked from the bakery.

In fact you could dispense with the fruit element if it's just alcohol you are after.

I've fermented orange juice, sugar and raisins and ended up with a light sherry after allowing it to fester for a year or so. It was undrinkable at the end of fermentation and for the next six or seven months.

Tim Hall

Orange juice, sugar and yeast nicked from the bakery.

In fact you could dispense with the fruit element if it's just alcohol you are after.

I've fermented orange juice, sugar and raisins and ended up with a light sherry after allowing it to fester for a year or so. It was undrinkable at the end of fermentation and for the next six or seven months.
Unlikely to be sherry, as that's fortified - ie alcohol is added after fermentation.

Top Bottom