Anyone know how to make prison type alcohol?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The easiest way is to stick a bottle of wine or a can of Euro-wee in the freezer. The water freezes and the alcohol is left with the colour and flavour. Be careful though when you open it because the increased volume of the ice produces pressure inside the container.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
The easiest way is to stick a bottle of wine or a can of Euro-wee in the freezer. The water freezes and the alcohol is left with the colour and flavour. Be careful though when you open it because the increased volume of the ice produces pressure inside the container.

Where's the fun in that? :thumbsup:

PaulB

Legendary Member
As it's coming up to harvest time, keep a keen nose when you're out cycling and pin-point a location where guerilla marijuana is coming to fruition (there's loads around here). Either cut off some ripe buds or, if there's no access to the field, negotiate a price with the person cultivating the stuff. If the former, dry it out in an airing cupboard for at least three weeks, if purchased, it will be pre-dried. Grind down the buds and pour into a bottle of spirit you have lying round the house doing nothing. Clear spirit such as vodka, tequila or Bacardi will do best but brandy and whisky are just as good but the taste will let you down. Place the bottle in a dry and dark place for at least six weeks. Distill (filter the residue) the now charged spirit so you have only liquid (or not, same result but you have to be prepared for the bits in the liquid) and bob's your uncle!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I reckon so. Commercial spirits start off at high alcohol content, cask strength, and are watered down to 'bottle strength'. All you are doing is reversing the process. There should be no chemical changes if the mix is not in direct contact with the heat source e.g. an immersion heater. A water bath is perfect as the alcohol evaporates at around 80 degrees. The alcohol evaporates first taking a tiny amount of water with it - you can never obtain 100% ethanol by distillation - the last of the water has to be removed usually by using concentrated sulphuric acid as the dessicant.

The main problem with distilling is making sure that you don't allow alcohol vapour to built up and no open source of ignition or static electricity build up is allowed; 3% v/v with air is the lower explosive limit and more than one garage roof has been lifted from the walls by folk using gas rings as the heat source with their stills.. Doing things out in the open air is safer but more easily spotted.....
That's all as mebbes, but have you actually looked into this at all? :thumbsup::smile:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
......and if I ever get banged up in prison, I'll get Mrs R to send me a bottle or two inside a cake, along with a file.

Probably more like a question of when...

vernon

@PaulB I know of a place not more than ten miles from you where hooch is being distilled in full public view.... but in such an unexpected way that nobody would ever guess. Could tell you but I have actually been warned to keep my mouth shut!

You shouldn't smoke and should flameproof the electrics in your distillery, or risk being blown up like these guys:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ka-factory-blast-in-lincolnshire-7788889.html

That's a TMN to me and @User.

Is this a first a 2 x TMN posting?

vernon

@PaulB I know of a place not more than ten miles from you where hooch is being distilled in full public view.... but in such an unexpected way that nobody would ever guess. Could tell you but I have actually been warned to keep my mouth shut!

You shouldn't smoke and should flameproof the electrics in your distillery, or risk being blown up like these guys:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ka-factory-blast-in-lincolnshire-7788889.html

The toxic fumes referred to in the report could well have been carbon monoxide. An extended run of my methylated spirits fuelled improvised pulse jet engine created enough carbon monoxide to trigger the CO alarm in the next room. Only 20ml or so of meths was burned off in this time. On a garage sized scale, most of the available oxyxgen will have been used up in the initial explosion and the first few minute or two of the fire.

vernon

CO binds to haemoglobin in a most tenacious fashion and denies oxygen that facility in a remarkably short space of time.

A slight diversion, when I was a child it sticking one's head in an unlit gas oven and inhaling town gas was a method of committing suicide and I know of three 'gassings' that took place in my childhood neighbourhood. It's unbelievable now, on reflection, that CO was a constituent of the gas that was pumped into our homes. The mercaptans that were added as 'stench agents' to render the odourless killer detectable made the use of town gas 'safer'. The conversion to natural gas removed at one fell swoop a suicide method responsible for a lot of deaths in the sixties and preceding decade(s).

The catalytic converter did something similar to car exhaust fumes - it removed CO and anyone succumbing to exhaust fumes now do so by asphyxiation by the displacement of oxygen from the car/garage but only after a much extended period of exposure which increases the chances of discovery before death.

My experiments last week with my homemade primitive pulse jet alerted me to the ease at which CO can build up in a confined space from what appeared to be an innocuous activity. I have no means of knowing what the actual concentration of CO was in the kitchen and adjoining room but I'd advise that anyone with gas appliances to make sure that they have CO alarm to detect the odourless gas.

Top Bottom