Assaulted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I would let the investigation start, but I'd also contact the company (if he was driving a company vehicle) once the police had made contact with the driver.

OP
OP
B

Black Country Ste

I think it's a husband and wife venture so that would be a mistake.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I think it's a husband and wife venture so that would be a mistake.
Its still worth the email. As it may not be and he could very well be a subordinate. If not it would be good for when the video goes public and you can implicate the business in the footage. A big .!.
Were the company details visible on the side of the vehicle?

400bhp

Guru
Not proportionally. There may be an increase in incidents, but that increase won't be the same as the percentage increase in cyclists. More cyclists on the road means fewer accidents per 100 or 1000 or whatever.

The more people cycle, the safer we all are.

Aye

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Only just seen this thread. The incident sounds terrifying! Being dragged off your bike and thumped is not something and anyone should have to go through.

It has been a long time since anyone has got out of a car and approached me. (Might have something to do with my more mature attitude). I have never had anyone touch me though.

OP
OP
B

Black Country Ste

Anything new to report?
Nothing as yet. The officer would have finished her seven-day stretch yesterday and I had hoped for an update. I'll ring for an update tomorrow* but you'd really think that a week is long enough to follow up witness leads and get the driver in, especially when you've told them where he works (uncomfortably close to home, btw).

* So I say. I'm notorious for avoiding making phone calls.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Nothing as yet. The officer would have finished her seven-day stretch yesterday and I had hoped for an update. I'll ring for an update tomorrow* but you'd really think that a week is long enough to follow up witness leads and get the driver in, especially when you've told them where he works (uncomfortably close to home, btw).

* So I say. I'm notorious for avoiding making phone calls.
Natural to want to know everything as it happens. Im like that where I hate waiting. I wouldn't know about the 7 Days but that sounds reasonable to me. May be CCTV in the area and even though they can ask for it, it may take time to get it etc. Also there may be other cases etc...

OP
OP
B

Black Country Ste

Also there may be other cases etc...

That's just it. I'm not the only victim of crime living in Birmingham. The officer may well have a higher priority on her plate and I don't like to make a nuisance of myself. I've just noticed the text they sent when the case was assigned and it tells me her e-mail address. I'll use that and she can fire a quick note back when she's back in work. Simples.

line71

Why dont you just stick the footage on Youtube?
A description of what happened to you is pointless,it wont make any difference to a subsequent prosecution whether you make it public online or not
just put it up and show us what happened because the impact will be massively greater than a few words from your side of the story

line71

As for publishing the video, as much as I'm dying to share, name and shame, a conviction is more important to me and I don't want to risk that.

What legal advice have you received that publishing the video will be detrimental to any conviction? utter rubbish
On the contrary,the more people that see it the more weight it will put on the courts to seek a conviction as it will be seen as a miscarriage if the guy gets off
As it is its your word against his and we are commenting blind on your description

put it on youtube otherwise its a waste of time

OP
OP
B

Black Country Ste

Yeah, I'm not doing that. I posted to share an unpleasant experience. Having it on camera was a fortunate coincidence as I almost didn't bother switching it on or wearing my helmet for what should have been a four-minute journey. It's in the hands of the police and the full story will eventually come out.

The PC returned my email PDQ by the way, saying the report hasn't been actioned yet due to other commitments. She's had problems with the video, from what she says it suggests an underpowered computer. The company will be getting a visit next week. I'm happy with that.

line71

The PC returned my email PDQ by the way, saying the report hasn't been actioned yet due to other commitments. She's had problems with the video, from what she says it suggests an underpowered computer. The company will be getting a visit next week. I'm happy with that.

I wouldnt hold your breath,problems with the video,underpowered computer? presumably you gave them a DVD-r?
Sounds like alot of obfuscation and bullsht to be truthful
Im sorry for what happened to you but leaving it to the police is a joke
Broadcasting it publically would attract huge attention if the incident is as serious as you claim both from your local media and worldwide on youtube
Deferring from sticking it online is pointless and is letting this guy off the hook and it leaves your claims open to doubt
There are tons of videos of criminal wrong doing on the roads from cycle cams which have lead to successful prosecutions,i just do not understand your reasoning from not uploading it

Top Bottom