Beckham... what a gent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Polite.... or sexist? :smile::wacko:

montage

God Almighty
Despite not being his biggest fan (I think footballers are wasters - especially blond plebs like him who complain that £60,000 a month is too low), I do feel "better" when I see him on the pitch for England...perhaps it is because he is one of the only familiar faces :S

mr Mag00

rising member
I would expect no less from him really, he is a family man and grew up in a good family from what i have read.I have never heard him whine, he is one of the only footballers i have some respect for. i generally dont follow football

Globalti

Legendary Member
What a difference it would make to our yoof if all footballers were as modest and pleasant as that!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
For Northern Ireland the dream still lives!

And for Ireland, and, maybe, Scotland.....

Greedo

To me Beckham has only ever done a couple of things wrong. A lot of the hype he gets is due to his stupid wife who I have no time for.

He sees red a couple of times too often like you said
He shouldn't have sat on the bench crying at the last World Cup when he was taken off. He was the captain for gods sake.
He shouldn't have chased the dollar and went to America

Other than that I think he's a model proffessional and his money is a side to the era he is playing in. He genuinely loves football and works hard at it. I don't think for a minute he practised so hard as a kid as he thought he was going to be a multi millionaire like some coming into the game now do

alecstilleyedye said:
if you ignore all the celebrity related bollocks, he's a great example of a model professional. like paul scholes, although he sees red a little too often sometimes.

D-Rider

Can't listen to the interview as I'm at work but, as someone who automatically wants England to lose at football, and who despises our celebrity culture, I think it says something that I actually quite like Beckham.

Never used to like him at one time as I became very bored with seeing his and posh spice's pictures in the papers every day or so it seemed.

I do agree that is is a sort of model professional although his move to America seemed to be money orientated and a big mistake.Seems like his international career is much more important than money at the moment.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
My wife works with cerebral palsy kids and a bunch of them were invited to 'Beckingham Palace' some years ago and DB was apparently incredible with the kids. My wife loves him now -although I think his looks have something to do with it!

peanut

I detest football but I admire Beckham as a bloke, he has good manners is considerate and is a good ambassador for sport

Top Bottom