Bees on my bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do your farts smell of honey?

si_c

Guru
unfortunately i didnt take pictures, i hate creepy crawlies so it didnt even cross my mind, it was more of a terror flight reflex!:laugh:
the beekeeper did say he would take pictures as he laughed at my description, i will contact him later on

haha no worries, I was just curious as to what a bee infested bike looked like :tongue:

Please don't kill them, If you have access to the bike at night and the bike is in a dark area, you are OK. Approach the bike (in the dark) with one of those red LED lights strapped to your head or wherever is convenient. They can't see the red spectrum. Then sweep them into a box using a dust pan and brush, A paintbrush will also work. They will be extremely docile, so don't worry. You need some precautions. Tuck your trousers into your socks and put elastics around your cuffs. If one crawls onto you, don't swat or react, just brush it off with the paintbrush. Once the bike is clean, mop up the ones not parking on your bike. About 10% of the bees will be close by , but not on the bike. If you don't find them, they'll buzz around tomorrow when it gets light.

Give the box to a beekeeper.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Please don't kill them, If you have access to the bike at night and the bike is in a dark area, you are OK. Approach the bike (in the dark) with one of those red LED lights strapped to your head or wherever is convenient. They can't see the red spectrum. Then sweep them into a box using a dust pan and brush, A paintbrush will also work. They will be extremely docile, so don't worry. You need some precautions. Tuck your trousers into your socks and put elastics around your cuffs. If one crawls onto you, don't swat or react, just brush it off with the paintbrush. Once the bike is clean, mop up the ones not parking on your bike. About 10% of the bees will be close by , but not on the bike. If you don't find them, they'll buzz around tomorrow when it gets light.

I believe you. I wouldn't be trying it though.

OP
OP
B

barachus

Thanks and i am sure this is true, but i will certainly NOT be approaching bees or any other creepy crawly at night with any kind of light on my head

They could easily be killer bees blown over from north africa, i have seen the documentaries, i will not be taking my chances that they will be docile and blind to red lights

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Have you bee n to collect the bike yet
?

OP
OP
B

barachus

They are all gone!
I had stopped over to buy a plan B(bee lovers stand down) just in case, as a last resort
image.jpg

But it wasn't needed as the bees had been cleared, I still gave the seat and underneath a good dose to deter any stragglers
Good to have a my commuting hack back

Top Bottom