Best of the instant coffees?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Ill drink any coffee as long as it doesn't taste like bisto.
Are you sure you're using the correct jar from the cupboard danbo? :tongue:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Why is it that most people have seemed to un-learn the rather simple task of sticking some ground coffee into some hot water (or milk) and then pouring it into a cup and instead stand there while some ponce does it for you and then give him £2.50?
By that argument, all restaurants should be avoided. After all, cooking is a rather simple task also.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
INSTANT coffee!!!!!!
xx(

Cafetiere ... simples. Put whatever ground coffee takes yer fancy in it.
Life really is too short to drink INSTANT coffee.
Did you know that Cafetiere is a brand name. The thing you use for making coffee is a French Press. I got told off, quite loudly, about this in a posh cafe and thought that I would pass the knowledge on in case anyone here goes into the same cafe and comes across the same snotty bloke with a loud voice designed to belittle anyone who dares ask for a cafetiere instead of a French Press.
I am willing to bet that gobby chap has a 'Hoover' (and and someone to wield it) though. Probably wore Roller Blades when he was younger too.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
[QUOTE 3387433, member: 259"]Can you not get coffee bags? They're much nicer than instant.[/QUOTE]
We get 2 10 min breaks , that includes getting from where you are to the break area and back again in time for start up and what effectively is a 20 min dinner break , there are instant coffee machines where you can buy a drink or they have a hot water heater that's warm enough to make coffee .Reality is not time to make a decent cuppa if you wanted too .

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Did you know that Cafetiere is a brand name. The thing you use for making coffee is a French Press. I got told off, quite loudly, about this in a posh cafe and thought that I would pass the knowledge on in case anyone here goes into the same cafe and comes across the same snotty bloke with a loud voice designed to belittle anyone who dares ask for a cafetiere instead of a French Press.
I am willing to bet that gobby chap has a 'Hoover' (and and someone to wield it) though. Probably wore Roller Blades when he was younger too.
I find this hard to believe. A théière is just a teapot. A cafétière is just a coffee pot. With a plunger, apparently, it's a cafétière à piston, which I have yet to hear used in France.

stephec

Legendary Member
So I was spoken loudly to, and belittled by a right arse who knew nothing. Heigh ho.

Did you give him your opinion on his customer service skills?

Give it him back twice as bad in front of all his customers, then walk out without buying anything. :smile:

Top Bottom