Best Sitcom of the 21st Century is...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Seriously? That may be one of the worst things I have ever seen.

2 Broke Girls? It has the delightful Kat Dennings in it, which is it's one saving grace, I suppose.

Back on topic, I nominate Coupling and Yonderland.

philk56

Guru
Did I miss something - has the 21st century finished then? What an utterly pointless survey. Best sitcom of the first 16 and a half years of the century. A bit like the recent best film of the century survey...

Last edited:
U

User169

No honorable mentions for Not Going Out?

And for the record, the best sitcom ever is Game On. FACT

Last edited by a moderator:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Did I miss something - has the 21st century finished then? What an utterly pointless survey. Best sitcom of the first 16 and a half years of the century. A bit like the recent best film of the century survey...

I don't think it pointless at all. I think the OP may be trying to draw a comparison between what might be called the golden age of the sitcom, the last four or so decades of the last century, and what we've been offered so far this century.

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
That would be my list except that Detectorists replaces Parks and Recreation and then zooms to the top.
Detectorists!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Back on topic, I nominate Coupling
You're right, but only for the first three series. I'd forgotten the wonders of the Cupboard of Patrick's Love and The Girl with Two Breasts.

It got situation, characters and script absolutely spot on - and was formally daring too. It must have been a brave producer who signed off an essentially two-handed episode with half of it in Hebrew.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
No honorable mentions for Not Going Out?
I wouldn't turn it off if there was nothing better to do, but it's more a vehicle for Lee Mack's standup than a real sitcome.

Top Bottom