Bicycle related tattoos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
[QUOTE 1392712"]
Anyone got an example of the chain ring mark on the inner shin? That's the one I'd have.
[/quote]
I had been thinking of having a chain wrapped round my right calf, but the guy who's done my last 3 has no idea what a bike chain looks like - he's been trying to Google a decent pic of one but with no sucess - So took a photo of mine last week & dropped it of to him, will see what he has come up with next week!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I bow to thee when it comes to body art.

Thank you.
I went a bit mad. My wife stopped me from having any more as my whole body (face, neck, hands excepted) would have been covered by now....(but that's still the plan)

It's a seriously cool tattoo imo for the reasons being. 1: it's a very simple distinct design. 2: It's very individual. 3: who ever did it has done a great job.

bianchi1

Guru
tatoo.jpg

can you guess what it is!

OP
OP
bongofury66

bongofury66

Thanks Ian, I do respect a 'professionals' view. I love it to bits and that it reasonably abstract.
Thank you.
I went a bit mad. My wife stopped me from having any more as my whole body (face, neck, hands excepted) would have been covered by now....(but that's still the plan)

It's a seriously cool tattoo imo for the reasons being. 1: it's a very simple distinct design. 2: It's very individual. 3: who ever did it has done a great job.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
The hilly bits on the Tour/Giro...?

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
close enough.

I did the raid Pyrenees a few years ago and this is the profile of the route.
Cool!!

As for Mid-life crisis...I dyed my hair pink when I was 14, got my first tattoo at 15 - I'm now 41, my hair is still Pink (Magenta) & i'm working on tattoo #8 - Guess i'm just a non-conforming rebel LOL!

[QUOTE 1392712"]
Anyone got an example of the chain ring mark on the inner shin? That's the one I'd have.
[/quote]

My friend's husband had something like that as a mid life crisis tattoo - it's a middleburn uno and the tattoo is supposed to look like the chainring going through his leg. He likes it but I think it's horrible.

[QUOTE 1392712"]
[/quote]

no but i have got the chain ring scar on the calf, after going over the handle bars on a downhill. I tell the kids its a shark bite!!:biggrin:

Woz!

Cool!!

As for Mid-life crisis...I dyed my hair pink when I was 14, got my first tattoo at 15 - I'm now 41, my hair is still Pink (Magenta) & i'm working on tattoo #8 - Guess i'm just a non-conforming rebel LOL!

I managed to jump the gun by going bleached (VERY) blonde just before I hit forty.
I've been thinking about a tat for ages now - I want 3: bike, camera and wife's name, but I can't decide on a design.

I've got around 18 tattoos at present, (that includes some cover ups though). I've not got any bike related ones, but now you've got me thinking.

Be careful, tattoos get under your skin, (excuse the pun), and one is very often simply not enough :eek:

Top Bottom