England : Lancashire Blackpools ride the lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I'm doing it,just trying to get everything together !

T

Tim Brown

Yep....I shall take it easy and watch for erratic behaviour. Last year was interesting....the mix of families and erstwhile Tour de France riders in full regalia showing off. Fun though..^_^

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Just got back ! Nice mix a families,TDF wana-be's and kids on BMX's screaming in between everything ! Had a really nice chippy tea on the front and the whole family had their first taste of night riding !! When i say whole family i did not mean me LOL

OP
OP
wisdom

wisdom

Guru
Well we did it and to be honest it was brilliant.
You had to keep your eyes well peeled for people just stopping in font of you and bmx kids tearing in and out but they were entitled to be there just like everyone else .it was really good.Nice to see so many people turn out and so many different types of bike all together.
Anyone posting any piccies ?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We went too - saw Skud as we were drinking coffee and eating dohnuts ! Was a bit hectic due to numbers and it still takes an age to cycle round. We arrived about 7 so cycled down to Star Gate (loo stop at the pier) and got going about 7.30. Stopped at South Pier for coffee and to let the sun go down, and re-commenced about 8.30pm, still took till 10pm to get to the end, then come back to near Gynn Square where we had parked (side of the Hilton).

Anyone know what tha accident was past the Metropole - was on/near the tram tracks, and all the trams had been stopped ? We saw loads of emergency vehicles flying up the prom.

Must say, saw idiots on BMX bikes, and a fair few stupid roadies riding way to fast weaving in and out - god knows how there wasnt a few crashes.

I got in bother as I clipped my missus hand with the 'tag-a-long' - I was in front and moved over slightly, she didn't see it and the tag-a-long clipped her. Was in right bother for that. Wasn't easy with a long vehicle in that chaos.

Enjoyed it though - got home about 11:30 - bed by 12.

OP
OP
wisdom

wisdom

Guru
I saw someone in the back of an ambulance with a sling on .That was by the metropole.Then a bit further up another guy was holding what looked like a headwound the two werent related though soit could have been either of those i guess.:sad:

OP
OP
wisdom

wisdom

Guru
There was a guy in the sea in difficulties i think that could have been it

Top Bottom