Boxing......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Before we get too righteous about David Haye slapping an opponent of a lesser calibre, it worth noting that not one of the detractors in the thread above could have done it themselves. Have some respect for an athlete who's already exceeded any of us by simply getting in the ring with him.

Drago

Legendary Member
You can criticise all you like. However, when you criticise someone for doing that which you couldn't do yourself you do open yourself up for a range of response from simply being ignored right through to being laughed at.

When you can step in the ring and even survive a round with de Mori then we'll be interested. Ive boxed heavy and I wouldn't have dared try it even in my prime, despite having weight, reach and height advantage over him.

Criticise by all means, but temper it with a degree of respect because no matter what you think there probably aren't ten fighters on the planet that could've done that to de Mori, let alone done in with best part of half a round to spare.

Last edited:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
It's quite easy to imagine....:laugh:
Just in case anyone is struggling;

Boxer-Punch-Himself-in-Head.gif

BTW, I don't think this is Drago.

Attachments

• Boxer-Punch-Himself-in-Head.gif
    Boxer-Punch-Himself-in-Head.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 20

Drago

Legendary Member
I only had 2 competitive fights and lost both. The second guy I lost to looked like Clubber Langs bigger, harder, nastier brother, and I got pounded, barely landed one in him in return. Went back to kickboxing after that, where at least I managed to win the occasional bout (though still not many).

Drago

Legendary Member
It's not bollox. You've never put on a glove in your life, never mind in the heavy division, have zero actual knowledge. You're an armchair pundit who's knowledge of pugilism is restricted to getting bitch slapped for your lunch money at school. There's a notable absence of boxers queuing at your door for technical, sporting or business advice.

Few men alive could do that to de Mori. Perhaps you'd like to list the fighters currently competing and in match form who would qualify to step on the ring with de Mori? You'd fit them in the same room with little difficulty. He'd take your head off your neck in three seconds so you've neither the technical expertise or moral high ground when it comes to criticising a pro boxers performance. Compared to Haye, on that day at that time he was outclassed and that's about the only thing you can realistically say. On his worst day, hungover with the sheets and the flu he'd still put you on the canvas in seconds.

I bet you're the sort who'd criticise F1 drivers, while conveniently ignoring that even the slowest are leagues better agreement than you. Discuss, observe, comment by all means, but you're in no position whatsoever to actually judge. You criticise it for being unsporting, while yourself not even being enough of a sportsman to acknowledge that even the worst of them are martial athletes of a calibre you never will be. Your lack of humility is astonishing considering your ignorance and lack of experience of the sport.

Last edited:
You've never put on a glove in your life, never mind in the heavy division, have zero actual knowledge.
Ah, the great "you've never done it" approach yet again - funny that when people have done stuff you claim they haven't you disappear from threads e.g. Police stuff, gun stuff, punching people whilst wearing mittens. That approach should really be reserved for 12 year olds in the playground.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
So your attempts to give another bloke a good pounding in the ring were unsuccessful?
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Another David Haye walk over.
On paper the opponent seemed quite good, but he didnt look up for the fight from the first 10 sevonds.
Haye needs to fight someone with proper experience or the crowds will start to walk away.

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Another David Haye walk over.
On paper the opponent seemed quite good, but he didnt look up for the fight from the first 10 sevonds.
Haye needs to fight someone with proper experience or the crowds will start to walk away.

Couldn't stay awake last night so sky + the Haye fight is it worth watching ?

Nobody's mention Mr Briggs " let's go champ " !

He looked alright to me , sharp , quick & great body punch !

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Couldn't stay awake last night so sky + the Haye fight is it worth watching ?

Nobody's mention Mr Briggs " let's go champ " !

He looked alright to me , sharp , quick & great body punch !

The Dave coverage was truly awful and the fight was a complete farce, I wouldn't waste your time watching it.

albion

Guru
A better fight than the one before it.

The Argentinian fall guy had just got off the plane, so considering that nosense fight lasted 2 minutes, I was left wondering if it was a cheap day return ticket he bought.

Top Bottom