Brake pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
DEFENDER01

DEFENDER01

Über Member
What is hot braking?
I suspect its finding a nice long downhill and getting the rotors hot to bed the pads in.
Well thats how i read it.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Just replaced the oem pads on my bb5 with metal ones, cleaned the rotors and made a slightly more than half arsed attempt at bedding them in. Difference is night and day, I think the old ones were badly glazed

OP
OP
DEFENDER01

DEFENDER01

Über Member
Just replaced the oem pads on my bb5 with metal ones, cleaned the rotors and made a slightly more than half arsed attempt at bedding them in. Difference is night and day, I think the old ones were badly glazed
I have now replaced front and back pads with the Semi Metallic Sintered Disc Brake Pads and as you say its night and day.
Haven't had time yet to bed them in properly but already the difference is very noticeable.
If they get better as they should it will be a great upgrade.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Excellent timing for this thread, as I have just gotten a 29er Trek that needs this done, as it screams more than a '50's horror movie right now. Pads ordered as per advice, lots of other things as well.(to be followed by a big shock fork rebuild)

OP
OP
DEFENDER01

DEFENDER01

Über Member
Excellent timing for this thread, as I have just gotten a 29er Trek that needs this done, as it screams more than a '50's horror movie right now. Pads ordered as per advice, lots of other things as well.(to be followed by a big shock fork rebuild)
I was quoted £15 a pair from my L.B.S but got 2 pairs for £10.78 on the Internet after doing my longest ride on Saturday they are performing great.
The important thing is to make sure the discs are nice and clean i cleaned mine with clutch & brake cleaning fluid. :okay:

Top Bottom