Breaking News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garz

Squat Member
Cyberknight did they break in and just steal the bike? :angry:

Up against the leather sofa? You must be single. Us hitched blokes would never get away with it. Either that or you're blessed with an EXTREMELY understanding S.O.

Or sometimes reffered to as SWMBO! :rofl:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Cyberknight did they break in and just steal the bike? :angry:

Or sometimes reffered to as SWMBO! :rofl:
SWMBO reversed the car into the garage door,its down a slope and she misjudged the cars weight .The rear of the car has a big dent and the garge door was twisted , ripping the hinges inside so you cannot open it , got in touch with the insurance company who are doing it but its taking a long time due to xmas etc .Ironically atm the door is more secure than it would be if it was locked as the locksmith managed to get it open to get xmas prezzies out then had to do some serious fiddling to get it shut and secure ( took me and him + his tools ) .Looking at the door from the out side part from bent panel you would not know.

Upshot is i cannot get into the garage to use my gym, nice bike , winter hack or freezer, tumble dryer etc etc till its fixed.

Thank feck i have the virtuoso to ride as i came home on it and thought WTF !!!, currently sitting in the hallway but it needs its wheel bearing greasing and that was a " do in garage " job as all the tools are in their and the mess it could cause what with mini ck #1 "helping "

I reckon NormanD`s photo was done before his other half got home, if i tried that trick i would get a homemade vasectomy :eek:

Nice ... although i'm puzzled as to why they put disks on it??
Surely you'll be locking up your wheels the first time the wind moves the brake levers 0.000001mm? :wacko:

OP
OP
NormanD

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
So it was one of those "new sofa/new bike" moments?

Glad to see that reason prevailed...
It's a new bike against an old sofa moment, that sofa is three years old and looks nothing like that once my two granddaughters have stayed for the weekend :ohmy:

Up against the leather sofa? You must be single. Us hitched blokes would never get away with it. Either that or you're blessed with an EXTREMELY understanding S.O.
You need to Man up and demand your rights in the house and I shall tell my Mrs that, once she's asleep! after returning from work :heat: :surrender:

Thank you people, I've been after a good bike I can use over long distances (60 miles plus) and I'm not a fan of the rim brakes on my Specialized allez road bike, add to that 80% of my cycling is on roads and the other 20% on rough cycle paths and converted railway lines, so the Allez was taking a bit of battering over these (they form part of my route)
The Cross Country type of bike seemed a better option for me and after chatting to a number of people who own the Boardman Team CX (thank you theloafer) that was the bike of choice :thumbsup:
I'll change out the tyres / seat (charge spoon) stem (Specialized 70mm) as I prefer a shorter stem and add my Altura seat post bag.

More pictures once I've made the changes (Groan) :dance:

cyberknight

If you need a 70 mm stem do you like a really upright position or is the bike to large ( gasp ! )
When i got my boardman i had to change the stem from 100 to 110 mm on a small frame as i found it a bit cramped as my hands were resting right over the edge of the brake levers.The rest of the bike was fine for me as i do need a 52 frame being a short arse perfectly formed 5 foot 7 "

OP
OP
NormanD

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
If you need a 70 mm stem do you like a really upright position or is the bike to large ( gasp ! )
When i got my boardman i had to change the stem from 100 to 110 mm on a small frame as i found it a bit cramped as my hands were resting right over the edge of the brake levers.The rest of the bike was fine for me as i do need a 52 frame being a short arse perfectly formed 5 foot 7 "
I feel more comfortable with a shorter stem for some reason, the bike is a perfect fit (size 53 / Allez 54) I'm 5.7 too and enjoy riding on the hoods, but I found with a longer stem, I had a weaker grasp of the brake leaver when applying the brakes, shorter stem cured that.

See you ve a put a nice dollop of hair gel on the bars Norm ! Next big investment eh ? :laugh:
:laugh::laugh: well I have to use up my crimbo presents somewhere mate, no use on my head :rolleyes:

potsy

Rambler
I'd like to announce at 6.45pm this evening the arrival of a new member to the family in the form of this beauty
You tell us of a new member of the family, and then stick a bloody bike in the way so we can't see it properly :o)
Enjoy Norman.

cyberknight

I feel more comfortable with a shorter stem for some reason, the bike is a perfect fit (size 53 / Allez 54) I'm 5.7 too and enjoy riding on the hoods, but I found with a longer stem, I had a weaker grasp of the brake leaver when applying the brakes, shorter stem cured that.

:rolleyes:
Just checking :smile: i tried a medium and found it to big .
the medium "53 " boardman has a 555 mm top tube and the allez 54 has a 548 mm top tube, i only asked because i went for a small as i found the medium 53 in the boardman closer to a 56 as halfords measurements are to the real top tube rather than virtual top tube , so a small has a top tube of 540 mm with a 100 stem =640 mm compared to your measurement of 555+70mm =625 .Much of a muchness :smile:.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I really like the flexabilty of the Boardman CX and bought it to replace a stolen hybrid for winter use and trails with the kids.

My changes were, Saddle, Rear Cassette (28-11), Tyres GP 4 Seasons, Mudguards and changed the BB5 to BB7 calipers. Oh and removed the additional brake levers.

It is a great all rounder and rode my carbon 105 equipped bike and it felt like I had no brakes! But the gear shifting is so much sweeter on 105, not a great fan of the SRAM

Did you buy from a Store or Online?

OP
OP
NormanD

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
I really like the flexabilty of the Boardman CX and bought it to replace a stolen hybrid for winter use and trails with the kids.

My changes were, Saddle, Rear Cassette (28-11), Tyres GP 4 Seasons, Mudguards and changed the BB5 to BB7 calipers. Oh and removed the additional brake levers.

I'm considering the same changes at a later date ... I've changed the saddle (charge spoon) and tyres (Continental ultra gatorskins)

It is a great all rounder and rode my carbon 105 equipped bike and it felt like I had no brakes! But the gear shifting is so much sweeter on 105, not a great fan of the SRAM

Did you buy from a Store or Online?

I bought instore and assembled at home, I know about Halfords rep with bike setups ;)

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I bought instore and assembled at home, I know about Halfords rep with bike setups ;)

I know for a fact that the instruction sent to all stores selling Boardmans that any 2011 Boardman bikes with BB30 have to be stripped and checked/greased. Now two aspects to this firstly have they done this, and secondly quite how you grease a BB30 I am not quite sure but the park tools site seems to think it can be done.

Halford claimed they had done mine but 4 weeks of use and it was like metalic popcorn!

If youhave the tools maybe take a look at your BB30.

Mine went back and was only greased, so fully expect it to go again shortly

Top Bottom